Garden Tractorz And Tim's Other Weird Shit, Too.

Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Jul 10, 2013
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis
Thanks, I've been planning on ordering some spare switches. I found these Carling environmentally sealed switches for $11 each I had been planning on ordering. I been kinda waiting to see if one of the Randys has a recommendation. Them guys is smart.
http://www.carlingtech.com/sites/default/files/documents/st-series_datasheet.pdf
Just saw this Tim, those look good to me. Most anything that is Mil spec should be decent quality, and don't give me that much credit. I'm just a dumb country boy here.

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
This had been a few miles away at a friends shop since I bought it. We partner on some projects like this and the compressor. I followed him as he drove to my shop yesterday. It stopped moving about 1 mile from destination. It had lost power to the transmission solenoids. We dragged it the last mile with my dodge. After sitting a few hours, it works again. I think I'll check current draw of the solenoids and of stuff on that circuit. There is a 25a fuse that's melted but not burned out. I'm not sure which circuit it powers. I'm studying the wiring diagram and gonna heck chit as soon as some ambition shows up.
DSCN4815.JPG

Majorpayne

How's your AC?
Nov 18, 2012
Southern Illinois
This had been a few miles away at a friends shop since I bought it. We partner on some projects like this and the compressor. I followed him as he drove to my shop yesterday. It stopped moving about 1 mile from destination. It had lost power to the transmission solenoids. We dragged it the last mile with my dodge. After sitting a few hours, it works again. I think I'll check current draw of the solenoids and of stuff on that circuit. There is a 25a fuse that's melted but not burned out. I'm not sure which circuit it powers. I'm studying the wiring diagram and gonna heck chit as soon as some ambition shows up.
View attachment 59738
Did you check the hoints?

Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Jul 10, 2013
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis
View attachment 59738
If you replace that fuse with a circuit breaker remember that a breaker will only carry 80% of rating under continuous load.

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
If you replace that fuse with a circuit breaker remember that a breaker will only carry 80% of rating under continuous load.
Thanks Randy. I didn't know that. I gets smarter by hangin around with you smart assed crackers.
The newer models have multiple breakers. This only has one. Maybe they had problems. I checked the breaker at the time of the "non-movement" and it was good.

Aug 27, 2013
Where tobacco is a vegtable
But if you replace a 15A fuse with a 30A auto resetting breaker.... the shop will quit just replacing fuses and start with a new harness and circuit board when you let the magic smoke out... or so I've been told.

Don't send junky equipment to my projects.

roberte

little man
Sep 30, 2013
View attachment 59738
And the dodge survived?

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
I had Chinese ATO fuses from carquest that would melt but not blow. Almost burnt a 380 Komatsu loader

I dated a girl like that.

Laroo

Dreams of $3500 of bacon
Oct 13, 2013
Ewetah
So far... I delivered the compressor to the buyer with it today. He drove down from North Dakota, I met him part way. It was a couple hours of driving and the heater worked intermittently. Something else to work on. My feet are still cold.
Cobblers kids never have shoes. My wife has to hold a gun to my head to get me to mechanic on her car. The novelty of that shit wore off long ago.

Run it an watch it. :D

Yukon Stihl

Nov 15, 2013
Yukon Canada
So far... I delivered the compressor to the buyer with it today. He drove down from North Dakota, I met him part way. It was a couple hours of driving and the heater worked intermittently. Something else to work on. My feet are still cold.
Just get better boots,fug the heater you don't live in the cold.
-40 C /-40 F here for the last week

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN

DSS

My wife has plans
Jan 10, 2012
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn© is a midget
A Belarus is simple as an anvil and just about as fancy. Same as anything that comes out of Russia. The ones they made in the 70's and 80's were absolutely bulletproof and I don't expect those are much different. They were quite popular here. Only tractors I ever seen with downpressure on the 3 PT hitch

Laroo

Dreams of $3500 of bacon
Oct 13, 2013
Ewetah
A Belarus is simple as an anvil and just about as fancy. Same as anything that comes out of Russia. The ones they made in the 70's and 80's were absolutely bulletproof and I don't expect those are much different. They were quite popular here. Only tractors I ever seen with downpressure on the 3 PT hitch
Can't remember for sure, but I thinks it's a certain model of International that has down pressure on the 3 point. The fence contractors want them to mount post hole augers on them.
And yes the Belarus is a club, I'd sure like to have that one like redfin posted