Goofing off gone wrong

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Ya I set out for the day to just goof off and accomplish nothing. I really wanted one of those completely non-productive days. But I ended up with this.

J.Walker

Jan 17, 2012
I like the wire mesh behind the brush saws. It would be great around my garden.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
I busted my butt today and I'm going to not do a damn thing tomorrow
besides hold down the fort.

Display looks good Tom, I like those Husky timber frame and grid displays.

I've got my spring order coming in next week after we get moved in.

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I like the wire mesh behind the brush saws. It would be great around my garden.

You most definitely don't want to know how much that cost :wtf: But I needed it so I had no choice. It is nice I'll give it that.

I busted my butt today and I'm going to not do a damn thing tomorrow
besides hold down the fort.

Display looks good Tom, I like those Husky timber frame and grid displays.

I've got my spring order coming in next week after we get moved in.

I had barely enough clearance with the ceiling to put the top arch on the display. It definitely looks nice, makes me wish I had done something different with the wall behind it. The white helps keep it brighter but I think I could do with a more woodsy or outdoor feel. There are halogen lights hidden behind the top arch I can turn on for added light if I need it - But there are 6 bulbs at 50 watts a piece. OUCH!!! I had to take part of my spring order early last fall, so I chose the handheld segment. Mowers and tractors will be here next week, looking forward to that. I have too much variety, it creates a difficult decision for people with too many choices. I need to cut back the number of models I have, but it seems like when I omit something, someone comes in the next day looking for that specific model :derplol:

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
I have too much variety, it creates a difficult decision for people with too many choices. I need to cut back the number of models I have, but it seems like when I omit something, someone comes in the next day looking for that specific model :derplol:

This is something I've made a effort to eliminate over the last year or two.
As a smaller dealer I can't stock everything, so I've tried to stock everything I need.

I stock limbing/light duty firewood saws MS192T, MS180, MS211, MS250, and MS250 Easy start priced 319, 199, 279, 299, and 349$

Firewood Saws MS290, MS291, MS391 at 399, 489, and 550$

Pro Saws MS261, MS362, MS441, MS460, MS660 at 550, 850, 950 and 1100$.

I cover all the possible bases, and only have to stock about 50% of the saw line.

Trimmers I keep it very basic
FS45 curved shaft 149$, FS55 straight shaft 199$, FS90 trimmer/brushcutter 319$
FS100RX pro string trimmer 339$, and FS130 trimmer/brushcutter 379$

Last edited:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
This is something I've made a effort to eliminate over the last year or two.
As a smaller dealer I can't stock everything, so I've tried to stock everything I need.

I stock limbing/light duty firewood saws MS192T, MS180, MS211, MS250, and MS250 Easy start priced 319, 199, 279, 299, and 349$

Firewood Saws MS290, MS291, MS391 at 399, 489, and 550$

Pro Saws MS261, MS362, MS441, MS460, MS660 at 550, 850, 950 and 1100$.

I cover all the possible bases, and only have to stock about 50% of the saw line.

Trimmers I keep it very basic
FS45 curved shaft 149$, FS55 straight shaft 199$, FS90 trimmer/brushcutter 319$
FS100RX pro string trimmer 339$, and FS130 trimmer/brushcutter 379$

As far as saws go I have nearly everything. I don't have the 235/240. I have 435, 445, 450, 455, 353, 555, 365, 570, 346, 562, 372, 576, 390, 395, 338T and T435. I'm getting rid of the 445, 570, 390, 395, and I've considered getting rid of the 576. I'd like to lose another clammy but it would leave a bigger gap than I want.

I did manage to eliminate some trimmers this year, but gained some others. I'm hoping that will be a better move for me.

Push mowers, ugh. There are a couple I wish I didn't get. Husky has been hammering the Honda engines and putting out some good sized rebates on them which is just awesome. The Briggs engines I like. The simplest to service, the most power, and a solid runner. The paper filter models - not the foamys. Those are great for service, but terribly unreliable here. And I wish I didn't order any Kohler engine models.

Tractors, I didn't really believe what happened last year. I wasn't really affected by the delays from warehouse/factory moving if that's what you were thinking :lol: I sold far more LS models, upper class tractors than the cheapers. The two least expensive models stayed on the lot all year until the end...... And I know they're not John Deere's but in the comparable price range they got a hell of an offering for the money compared to those green machines. I like them a lot, not sure I could push the $3k-5k tractors in this area.

And I'm crazy excited about the backpack blowers this year. These things are animals in power, and yes they're a little heavier but they are so comfortable.

And they've got a whole line of strato trimmers out this year. My order of course was before the big release so I have to sell through those first, but I did get one of them on my order. I'm impressed. Hoping to buy a house this spring and if I do I'm pretty sure I'll be sneaking that one home :banana:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Frequency of use should be separated from expectations when using. If you infrequently try to blow piles of extremely wet leaves, buying the least expensive blower you can find is not going to make you happy.

Your price range leaves you basically two options in a quality brand. A handheld blower or the lowest backpack blower. Handhelds run $150-$190 depending on whether you want the mulching vac system with a bag or not. For $200 you can get a backpack version which is a lot more comfortable to use for a longer period of time but no vac capability.

I don't think you can really go wrong with Husky, Echo, Stihl, Kawasaki, redmax, maruyama. They are all good. I like the husky, I sell the husky. Good bang for the buck.

Poncho

Mar 5, 2012
Lacrosse WI
Nice! I think you'll be more than happy with your choice. Echo makes some good stuff that's for sure. If you don't mind, let me know how the shred/vac system works for you if you use it. Always looking for feedback!

Well the dealer is a real saw shop and has treated me excellent with chainsaws. I bought a 346XP from him and went back for the blower even though it is a 40 mile drive because of the service. He always sets them slightly fat when new and will adjust free of charge when they get broke in. ( he has checked the high speed on 2 saws I didn't buy from him for nothing also)

So keeping in mind it is slightly fat, the blower part is OK, not super but then my only experience with blowers is a POS Craftsman and the biggest backpack blower Stihl makes.

The vac part works great. I have landscaping rock around the raised brick patio and oak leaves would stick in the rock and my older blower wouldn't blow them completely out. There were about 6" deep. Here is the "after" look. BTW, the magnolia is in full bloom.

The backyard and orchard.

Obligatory dog pic, This is little Kade

Reactions: 1 person