Google nexus 4 and 10

de_dubya

Oct 28, 2012
Mt Washington, KY
I may just have to go sanz mobile phone here soon.... I like tech, but I prefer buttons as well. My BB has touch screen and a physical qwerty. When touch only is all that is available I'll likely drop my mobile just get a prepaid phone for road-side emergencies.

:banghead:

dw

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Never been a fan of any LG electronics but I hear good things about the new Google products. But it's too late for me, I've already been sucked past the point of no return in Apple products :eek3:

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Never been a fan of any LG electronics but I hear good things about the new Google products. But it's too late for me, I've already been sucked past the point of no return in Apple products :eek3:
Nor have I. On the other hand, never gave Asus a thought until Google hooked up with them.

The only two issue I had with the seven were resolved in the last update. Its now the heaviest used piece of hardware in the house.

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
Nor have I. On the other hand, never gave Asus a thought until Google hooked up with them.

The only two issue I had with the seven were resolved in the last update. Its now the heaviest used piece of hardware in the house.

The Nexus 4 is pretty badass.

I'm likin' that Nexus 10 more though.

You gettin' both Mitch.....???
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. It sure sounds silly though. :golf:

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
The Nexus 4 is pretty badass.

I'm likin' that Nexus 10 more though.

You gettin' both Mitch.....???
Will probably end up with a 4 but never use the 10" I have now. Although I would enjoy showing it to the apple drones.:evilgrin:

Reactions: 1 person

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. It sure sounds silly though. :golf:

lol....

JJ I take it you're not a hobbyist when it comes to technology and gadgetry then....???

Consider yerself lucky - you ever think it's tough keeping up with the latest saws and rough between Stihl and Husky.....???

My friend you have no idea..... :)

Reactions: 2 people

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
I had one of those "Tracfones" for years when I was cutting timber. It was cheap and disposable and perfect for the bachelor logger. It had no frills and I liked it that way.

Now the government (I'm a government employee these days) has "forced" me to accept their cell phone and plan. It's a cheap flip-phone with a calender and a calculator and that's all.
I've never looked at a "smart" phone, I've never read a "tweet," and I've never read, liked, or disliked anyone's Facebook "status." Thank God.

I figure the young people of the world can have at technology and social networking and tweeting and gaming and Facebook.
I feel good enough to be able to keep the display on the microwave from blinking "0:00" all the time.

de_dubya

Oct 28, 2012
Mt Washington, KY
I had one of those "Tracfones" for years when I was cutting timber. It was cheap and disposable and perfect for the bachelor logger. It had no frills and I liked it that way.

Now the government (I'm a government employee these days) has "forced" me to accept their cell phone and plan. It's a cheap flip-phone with a calender and a calculator and that's all.
I've never looked at a "smart" phone, I've never read a "tweet," and I've never read, liked, or disliked anyone's Facebook "status." Thank God.

I figure the young people of the world can have at technology and social networking and tweeting and gaming and Facebook.
I feel good enough to be able to keep the display on the microwave from blinking "0:00" all the time.
I agree wholeheartedly! I do like my tech, but I like it the way I like it. What we are seeing these days is utter lack of originality. All phone makes are switching to button-less android phones. The basic 12 button phones are nearly extinct, and the smart phones with physical buttons not far behind...

dw

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Will probably end up with a 4 but never use the 10" I have now. Although I would enjoy showing it to the apple drones.:evilgrin:

I'd love to have a tablet but the novelty would wear off in a week or two and it'd never get used thereafter.

A smartphone and MacBook cover all my bases, there's just no reason for me to own a tablet....

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Gotta say I love my iPad. Use it a lot. Would probably be the same if I had a nexus thingy. I love the tablet sized computer
I should add that my laptop is a crappy HP - not a MacBook. I'm sure the MB would get the majority of the use if I had one ;) Definitely on my list of things to get, but I want a 15 or 17" screen, and I just can't swing the $$ right now. Need to stop looking at toys so I can buy a house lol

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Just do like the wife and I did and buy an uber cheap cabin. That's how/why I can afford a MacBook. :)

It's one way or the other - high mortgage and no toys, low mortgage and more toys. Pick yer poison, cuz yer broke no matter what ya do. :yup: :)

Reactions: 2 people

de_dubya

Oct 28, 2012
Mt Washington, KY
I should add that my laptop is a crappy HP - not a MacBook. I'm sure the MB would get the majority of the use if I had one ;) Definitely on my list of things to get, but I want a 15 or 17" screen, and I just can't swing the $$ right now. Need to stop looking at toys so I can buy a house lol
I hear that Apple has a refurb store and you could get one at a deep discount form retail. Not a iFruity slave so don't ask me for details ;-)

dw

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mweba Google Nexus 7 GeekHawgz! 2
trx250r180 this site was at the top of my google search New Memberz Area 39
WoodChuck'r Google Glass GeekHawgz! 10
TK Google Chrome F'd up my computer!!! GeekHawgz! 7
WoodChuck'r Nexus 5 GeekHawgz! 7
mweba Nexus 7 2nd gen GeekHawgz! 4
WoodChuck'r Nexus 4 ships soon. GeekHawgz! 32