Quantcast

Got myself a new (to me) ride today.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Reaction score
I decided to finally get myself something better on gas than my Sonoma, and something more versatile.

So I got myself a 2003 Mazda Protege 5, picked it up for 3500$ and 102,000 miles on it.

I showed up took it for a test drive, and found out it was "the dead ex-wifes car"

He was helping his daughter disperse his ex wife's estate after she passed away two months ago

Now to figure out how many hot saws will fit in the back.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/3078605204.html

Last edited:

mweba

Reaction score
They are nice cars for the money. Should get another 90K out of it with out issue. Could have gone without the dead lady part of the story though :thumbsup:

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Reaction score
They are nice cars for the money. Should get another 90K out of it with out issue. Could have gone without the dead lady part of the story though :thumbsup:

Yeah I was like err ummmm uhhhh awkward silence.

But picking it up Thursday morning, luckily it's just down the street from the DMV

It will be nice to be able to keep all of my junk secure, and the extra 8-10 mpg increase will be nice too.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Nice! You can fit lots o saws in that thing! Just make sure you strap them down if you rally your way to the next race....

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Reaction score
Had it a few days now, it's rated at 22 mpg city, and 28 highway.

I'm averaging 28mpg driving around the country side that's even running the ac most of the time.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I've never noticed a difference in running the a/c. Other than being awesomely comfortable.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I can see a few tenths being lost, which you can make up for in driving style so I don't consider it a loss in the first place. A lot of people ask me why I bought what I did for a truck. I say because I like being comfortable ;)

Latest posts