Greetings from baby makin land

DSS

Prince of Tater Island
Jan 10, 2012
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn© is a midget
I see they had benches outside for men,,,
I just dont see the attraction,, same as Mary Poppins,,, she should have faded away,, but fuck no,,just like a rapper,,still around
I missed going to the one room schoolhouse down the road by one year. Apparently Lucy Maude taught school there once upon a time. Anyway, about 20 years ago, some guy bought the building and hauled it to Cavendish. Built a whole village around it, I believe it's the only authentic building there. He's probly a millionaire now off the Chinese.

I doubt you could find 50 people on the island who give two shits about any of it

Steve NW WI

Converted to the Dark Side
Aug 3, 2013
Star Prairie, WI
I missed going to the one room schoolhouse down the road by one year. Apparently Lucy Maude taught school there once upon a time. Anyway, about 20 years ago, some guy bought the building and hauled it to Cavendish. Built a whole village around it, I believe it's the only authentic building there. He's probly a millionaire now off the Chinese.

I doubt you could find 50 people on the island who give two shits about any of it
This country is full of 1 and 2 room schoolhouses. I went to 1st and 2nd grade in one of em, was a 17 mile walk uphill both ways in blinding snow.

Strangely, the road got straightened or something, it's a mile down the road both ways. It's only used for a card party once a month or so anymore, and some hoodlums recently broke all the windows out. The township owns it, and I can see the day coming when they just tear it down. I'd like to see it stay around, but not for what it seems to cost to restore old buildings.

exSW

thinking of old guys’ balls
Oct 8, 2013
Out there
This country is full of 1 and 2 room schoolhouses. I went to 1st and 2nd grade in one of em, was a 17 mile walk uphill both ways in blinding snow.

Strangely, the road got straightened or something, it's a mile down the road both ways. It's only used for a card party once a month or so anymore, and some hoodlums recently broke all the windows out. The township owns it, and I can see the day coming when they just tear it down. I'd like to see it stay around, but not for what it seems to cost to restore old buildings.
There's one on the NW corner of my place. Converted to a house. Old broad didn't ask me when she sold it. Just listed it. Probably cost herself 10k in realtor,closing and so forth. Then family ended up buying it anyway!

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va

Hoarder

Steve NW WI

Converted to the Dark Side
Aug 3, 2013
Star Prairie, WI
Must have been hell, those 10 cold years.
It got worser, when I had to go to the big school in town. 62 miles, one way, uphill, in snowshoes that didn't fit. The weather was better though, some days were only winter storm warnings. Blizzards were only 3 days a week.

Glad I made it all the way to 4th grade, some of my friends never made it past 3rd grade. I think the wolves got most of them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hdtoolmkr New Memberz Area 84
R New Memberz Area 13
Tor R New Memberz Area 31
L Chainsawz 19
D New Memberz Area 15