Quantcast

GTG at Spikes; Oct 5

Spike60

Reaction score
Thought I'd jump into the wild and crazy sawguy crew over here and mention my 4th GTG coming up this Saturday. Same format a last year; not sure if TK is coming with a truck load of lobsters though.:p

We're there at 8:00; maybe making breakfast. (Warren's idea, he makes his own syrup). The noise begins at 9:00. Husky corporate boys will be there. Fingers are still crossed for the 543XP. Updated T540 will be present. Maybe something else if we get permission to play with it. Everybody kind of knows what it is, but I'm required to remain silent here. :eek: And I will NOT respond to guesses. HAHA!!

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Reaction score
Wish I could come up for that. I like real syrup

sefh3

Reaction score
Where is it at? Don't know where you live Spike!!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I wish I could make it :( Just bad timing for me this year. Unless something drastically changes (and with my luck it probably won't), I won't be able to show.

Mountain Man

Reaction score
Thought I'd jump into the wild and crazy sawguy crew over here and mention my 4th GTG coming up this Saturday. Same format a last year; not sure if TK is coming with a truck load of lobsters though.:p

We're there at 8:00; maybe making breakfast. (Warren's idea, he makes his own syrup). The noise begins at 9:00. Husky corporate boys will be there. Fingers are still crossed for the 543XP. Updated T540 will be present. Maybe something else if we get permission to play with it. Everybody kind of knows what it is, but I'm required to remain silent here. :eek: And I will NOT respond to guesses. HAHA!!

Thanks for posting here Spike ! Looks more and more like ill be there, Bringing some Neils Donuts IMG_1.jpg! They were a HIT last year !

Hey, have a itch, something Lite and quick, maybe a 545 ?

Spike60

Reaction score
Thanks for posting here Spike ! Looks more and more like ill be there, Bringing some Neils Donuts View attachment 1180! They were a HIT last year !

Hey, have a itch, something Lite and quick, maybe a 545 ?

Them donuts are definitely above average. :dance:

I'm out of 545's at the moment as was Husky the last time I did an order. I'm wondering if they are back in inventory yet. I do have some 2252's though. :chainsaw:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I have a 545 I can pop in the mail to ya :eek3:

I mean, hypothetically and stuff, if that were allowed.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I may actually have got the last of em, these just came in this morning :D

Mountain Man

Reaction score
Them donuts are definitely above average. :dance:

I'm out of 545's at the moment as was Husky the last time I did an order. I'm wondering if they are back in inventory yet. I do have some 2252's though. :chainsaw:

Hmm. Really a Husky guy. Was there a run on 545's ? Don't think I need anything bigger. Need a good light saw, since ill be porting the 562 this winter.

Will have a talk Saturday after I make a few cookies.

Ironworker

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to pick up an 036 in good condition for about $325 if anyone is interested I will bring it.

Spike60

Reaction score
I definitely prefer the .325 on 50cc saws. There are however more types of .325 than 3/8, and I think this has something to do with some guys not liking .325. Some .325 chain uses larger cutters than others, and this works better IMO. Some of the .325 that are sharpened with a 5/32 file have smaller cutters that you wonder where there's room for a wod chip in there. I like the 21LP myself. :bananarope:

Reaction score

Millard will let me run it :rolleyes2:

Got a couple of 545's in this morning along with some backpacks. But most of the backpacks are on backorder til mid November, so I canceled them.

So no Orange 8500's either?

Spike60

Reaction score
So no Orange 8500's either?

No, and the dates on the orange ones are worse than the dates on the red ones. Neither brand even has 7500's right now, just the 6500. And I've had a couple of orange 7500's on backorder since AUGUST 2nd, so I should have seen this coming. Not exactly in a great inventory posotion right now. :retarded2:

Mountain Man

Reaction score
No, and the dates on the orange ones are worse than the dates on the red ones. Neither brand even has 7500's right now, just the 6500. And I've had a couple of orange 7500's on backorder since AUGUST 2nd, so I should have seen this coming. Not exactly in a great inventory posotion right now. :retarded2:

Leaf season, the shortest, most hectic part of a Landscapers year, and the Manufacturer doesn't have inventory for a 6 week run that happens every year.

Latest posts