Quantcast

GTG Chain

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Reaction score
If the cheese is from Wisconsin it will dull square ground too quick. Better use semi chisel so you can finish the cut to make your snack:p

mdavlee

Reaction score
Square is the new round. I run square for everything now except when I use semi chisel. I haven't figured out how to grind it square yet.:happywink:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Square is the new round. I run square for everything now except when I use semi chisel. I haven't figured out how to grind it square yet.:happywink:

Lemme know when ya get it figgered out :)

Smittybilt

Reaction score
Always run a slightly dull chain at a GTG that way you always have an excuse if you get beat.....J/K

Cut4fun

Reaction score
I run square for everything now except when I use semi chisel. I haven't figured out how to grind it square yet.:happywink:

I hand filed 3/8LP semi chisel to a modified square once. Not true square but it knocked off around 6 seconds in a cut on a 33cc stock saw. Now that we got PS3 and PS, no longer have to think outside the box for that. :wave:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I'm thinking I need a square chain for my Husky 136. I have so much fun with that little thing :D

mdavlee

Reaction score
Do they have chisel chain for those saws? Mostly what I've seen was all semi chisel lo profile stuff.

Cut4fun

Reaction score
I'm thinking I need a square chain for my Husky 136. I have so much fun with that little thing :D

Do they have chisel chain for those saws? Mostly what I've seen was all semi chisel lo profile stuff.

If it is 3/8LP 050 grab some stihl 63PS3 has small safety bumper (does not get in the way of bore cutting and does not act like other safety) and soon to be releases 63PS non-safety . Both round chisel cutter like big brother RS. Also can be square filed. :wink: PS3 was the fastest picco chain I tested in bucking cuts. PS wasnt tested because it isnt FS yet. :10:

Metals406

346 and 372 spikes coming soon. PM me for details.
Reaction score
You can use a goofy file on semi -- it makes semi worth using -- almost. ;)

Cut4fun

Reaction score
You can use a goofy file on semi -- it makes semi worth using -- almost. ;)

Like I said on the semi already in thread. You can stick a square file in there if you use your imagination and make a modified square.

I hand filed 3/8LP semi chisel to a modified square once. Not true square but it knocked off around 6 seconds in a cut on a 33cc stock saw. Now that we got PS3 and PS, no longer have to think outside the box for that. :wave:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Well I know I wouldn't turn down a loop of 52dl square ground 3/8LP chain :bananasplit:

Cut4fun

Reaction score
Well I know I wouldn't turn down a loop of 52dl square ground 3/8LP chain :bananasplit:

I made Al Smith a loop in PS3 52dl and he hand filed it square. He also removed the bumpers by grinding. PS you wont have to do that.
I never did remove them because it didnt bother me anyways.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I'd prefer the PS. Part of being fast is looking and feeling fast :driving:
And hand filing anything square ain't fo me LOL has to arrive already square or it ain't never gonna be square!

Cut4fun

Reaction score
I dont know when PS will be for sale. But I will be getting a roll when it does hit the market.

I had a loop of PS3 to test with before I think any Ohio dealer had heard of it. Then I do know I had PS3 roll before my 4 stihl dealers could even order it ( I tried to order from them first). All with the help of 2 friends. :clap::scrollingtongue:

komatsuvarna

Reaction score
Im getting better at my square filing. I can get all the teeth consistent and they cut pretty good. Filed this 60dl loop last weekend.

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Reaction score
This is a 72dl... Ugly, but it actually cuts pretty decent... Used a double bevel on it...

Yellow saw dust.... :dunno:

Where would that come from???

Attachments

• hand.jpg
    hand.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 78

Latest posts