Quantcast

Guess that saw.

mweba

Reaction score
This shouldn't be to difficult.

mweba

Reaction score
Well, then I imagine it's a 570. This didn't happen very much on the 570, but of course was common on the early 575's.

Yup sorry got distracted. Local dealer has sold a boat load if these 570's and this is the only one with a bearing failure. Unfortunately, it on took about ten tanks. He finally gave up on husky warrantying the thing.

Doesn't match up well with the 576.

mweba

Reaction score
This dealer didn't sell many 575's as the 372 was so popular. He did switch to the 570 from the 365 however......and now back to the 365:smoking:

With a little grinding, the 576 jug should flow nicely

Spike60

Reaction score
Yup sorry got distracted. Local dealer has sold a boat load if these 570's and this is the only one with a bearing failure. Unfortunately, it on took about ten tanks. He finally gave up on husky warrantying the thing.

I'm amazed anyone could sell even a row boat load of 570's. Pretty poor power to weight on those things. Except for the small time frame when there was no 365 or 372, I could never see the point of that model. Even then it was dud. :pirate:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score

Well now, I think you just gave me the perfect idea on how to do a little matching of the case to the cylinder and vice versa..... :rock2:

mweba

Reaction score
It looks easy when the case is split. Will bb this one;)

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
That's the problem with my brain, it doesn't work like that! :lol: You gonna shave a little off the top of the case to allow flow similar to the 576 case or just gonna work with the transfer holes as is?

mweba

Reaction score
That's the problem with my brain, it doesn't work like that! :lol: You gonna shave a little off the top of the case to allow flow similar to the 576 case or just gonna work with the transfer holes as is?

Depends on the structure of the 570. Have to do some more studying to see if the case will support its self with a cut out like the 576. Either way, I believe flow can be improved greatly modifying the transfer holes present.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe take it down just a little bit to allow that extra flow, but then got thinking that maybe splitting up the path may be a negative? If this is something you're going to be working on soon, I definitely want to stay in the loop! If this cylinder I have on the 570 from the other thread holds up I'll be looking to do the same thing you are. Well, not exactly the same, but you get the idea :thumbsup:

It all depends on how my this guy lets me do with his saw. I'd be willing to smooth things out with the transfers just the way they are and make some timed cuts, then go back in and shave a little off the top and see if we can't gain something with that as well. The only problem is if we end up losing power.... Only one way to find out. And it would also be nice to have an actual 576 to compare it to.

Latest posts