Guess that saw.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Well, then I imagine it's a 570. This didn't happen very much on the 570, but of course was common on the early 575's.
Yup sorry got distracted. Local dealer has sold a boat load if these 570's and this is the only one with a bearing failure. Unfortunately, it on took about ten tanks. He finally gave up on husky warrantying the thing.

Doesn't match up well with the 576.

Reactions: 1 person

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
This dealer didn't sell many 575's as the 372 was so popular. He did switch to the 570 from the 365 however......and now back to the 365:smoking:

With a little grinding, the 576 jug should flow nicely

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
Yup sorry got distracted. Local dealer has sold a boat load if these 570's and this is the only one with a bearing failure. Unfortunately, it on took about ten tanks. He finally gave up on husky warrantying the thing.

I'm amazed anyone could sell even a row boat load of 570's. Pretty poor power to weight on those things. Except for the small time frame when there was no 365 or 372, I could never see the point of that model. Even then it was dud. :pirate:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com

Well now, I think you just gave me the perfect idea on how to do a little matching of the case to the cylinder and vice versa..... :rock2:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
That's the problem with my brain, it doesn't work like that! :lol: You gonna shave a little off the top of the case to allow flow similar to the 576 case or just gonna work with the transfer holes as is?

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
That's the problem with my brain, it doesn't work like that! :lol: You gonna shave a little off the top of the case to allow flow similar to the 576 case or just gonna work with the transfer holes as is?
Depends on the structure of the 570. Have to do some more studying to see if the case will support its self with a cut out like the 576. Either way, I believe flow can be improved greatly modifying the transfer holes present.

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I was thinking maybe take it down just a little bit to allow that extra flow, but then got thinking that maybe splitting up the path may be a negative? If this is something you're going to be working on soon, I definitely want to stay in the loop! If this cylinder I have on the 570 from the other thread holds up I'll be looking to do the same thing you are. Well, not exactly the same, but you get the idea :thumbsup:

It all depends on how my this guy lets me do with his saw. I'd be willing to smooth things out with the transfers just the way they are and make some timed cuts, then go back in and shave a little off the top and see if we can't gain something with that as well. The only problem is if we end up losing power.... Only one way to find out. And it would also be nice to have an actual 576 to compare it to.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cat-face timber Guess which saw is mine Chainsawz 14
H 2 H Guess who's Birthday it is beer drinker echoshawn ? Hawgz Back 40 17
Abnormal Can you guess the issue with this 661? Chainsawz 8
Fish Well, I guess it is official.... Mrs. Darin has decided to ban me....... Sniff The Razorback Lounge 49
R Guess what's down again Chainsawz 27
P Hey guess what New Memberz Area 2
M I guess since i cant post anywhere else Chainsawz 24
cat-face timber Loaner saw Chainsawz 21
cat-face timber Husky 350 Project Saw Wanted 11
trx250r180 Three Saw Plan Chainsawz 78
maulhead Blue Makita Crankcase, For A 6400 - 7900 Type Saw Wanted 0
cat-face timber Tuning A Saw Chainsawz 10
Mike from Maine :update: On The Only Jms Saw Known To Be Still Running Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 164
cat-face timber Cft Saw Repair Chainsawz 62
M Ht 75 Stihl Pole Saw. Runs And I Deal No Power Chainsawz 6
stihl sawing Are you a saw worshipper Chainsawz 17
cat-face timber Saw build question Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 10
dieselfitter Saw comparison videos Chainsawz 7
N The latest thing in saw performance , saw owners going wild !! Chainsawz 21
cat-face timber How to start a saw Chainsawz 43
C what the heck happened to the saw builders on as? Chainsawz 67
DefinitiveDave Sticky: all mattering super important complete saw rebuild demonstration video Chainsawz 11
axlr8 Want to buy a MS260 Parts Saw. Wanted 0
rocketnorton why would a saw be stored like this? Chainsawz 21
TIMBERGHOST Comp. hot saw Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 9
cat-face timber Hey DSS What Saw would you use to fell this tree? The Razorback Lounge 15
H 2 H Starting a saw Chainsawz 3
cbfarmall Remington Bantam parts saw Wanted 1
Black Dog Chainsaw Need a 123-143 dolmar chassis saw Wanted 0
cjcocn Metal band saw $120 Hawgz Garage 62
cat-face timber Saw suggestion opinion wanted Chainsawz 12
cat-face timber How did a video of me using my SAW get put on the interwebs? The Razorback Lounge 4
B Ported saw wanted... For Sale 11
Hoggwood Loaner Saw? Chainsawz 48
Genius What's the most you lost on a saw? Chainsawz 20
sawjunky23 Poulan Pro Project saw. Wanted 2
David Young Used saw for more than retail Wanted 11
nhlogga I saw the new deere L series skidders Hawgz Back 40 23
C Saw running backwards? Chainsawz 9
Freehand I Saw A Ghost Today The Razorback Lounge 79
jimdad07 Lombard saw, looking for a carb kit Chainsawz 6
T Cub Cadet saw fer parts For Sale 6
Barneyrb Poulan 3450/3750/3500/3600 complete saw Wanted 3
T Partner 750 demo saw For Sale 23