Quantcast

mweba

Reaction score
OOOOH how they drive me crazy!

[video=youtube_share;57dzaMaouXA]http://youtu.be/57dzaMaouXA[/video]

stihl sawing

death venom dispenser
Reaction score
Always thought that was a pound sign. but they are running this hashtag crap in the ground.

Mrs. J

Reaction score
#goodmorning #coldoutside #woodstove #hot #blessed #lovehashtags #weberwhiny ;)

stihl023/5

BoobsRus
Reaction score
These saw sites are all I do I don't do face book or twitter. Wife says I don't play well with others.

KenJax Tree

Fuzz Nutz
Reaction score
These saw sites are all I do I don't do face book or twitter. Wife says I don't play well with others.

Me either,my wife says i need Facebook. I don't really care a whole hell of a lot about what someone i haven't talked to in 15 years is doing ,if i haven't talked to someone in 15 years i probably have a good reason.

Sent from my AutoTune carb

stihl023/5

BoobsRus
Reaction score
Me either,my wife says i need Facebook. I don't really care a whole hell of a lot about what someone i haven't talked to in 15 years is doing ,if i haven't talked to someone in 15 years i probably have a good reason.

Sent from my AutoTune carb

:agreed: Some of them give their day to day minute by etc. I could let everyone know I pooped but that would ruin the surprise.:yup:

Genius

The Brink of Destruction
Reaction score
I have no use for all this social media.

Granted, I now have a Facebook page, but its only to get on various business's pages. It seems that more business's are running Facebook pages instead of websites.

I have had people want to "friend" me who I either have never talked to, or haven't talked to in years. Along with extended family members who absolutely hate me.....
Yea.... What makes people think I'll be friends with them online when I have no use for them in real life is beyond me

de_dubya

Reaction score
For those on here that do not get them...

Yes, they are used too much, but they originally allowed you a way to connect to others and have discussions on a specific topic, in the way this form does. For instance if I tweeted/FB's I was going to cut wood, or used my Stihls or my chainsaws, others that also search for the similar topic on that social media can find and connect to me.

For instance, my twitter page I am connected to ~450 people mostly centered on guns and gun right types of discussion.

Adding a tag to every few words is just clutter and dumb, but they can be useful.

Similarly you can tag in F/B or mention in twitter to have your update show up on that manufactures page so others see it. So if I posted:

"Spent the day in the woods using my @StihlUSA ms441 to cut a load of #firewood for the winter."

Not only would all my friends/followers see this anyone searching for "#firewood" wood also see it (if my setting are correct) and the @StihlUSA would alert the folks that monitor the Stihl pages I mentioned them as well.
Mention a company in a negative manner, and you will usually get a PM asking how they can correct it, or something (if they monitor the feed regularly).

Ultimately, it is a way for the attention starved to gather more contacts to them...

dw

stihl023/5

BoobsRus
Reaction score
I have no use for all this social media.

Granted, I now have a Facebook page, but its only to get on various business's pages. It seems that more business's are running Facebook pages instead of websites.

I have had people want to "friend" me who I either have never talked to, or haven't talked to in years. Along with extended family members who absolutely hate me.....
Yea.... What makes people think I'll be friends with them online when I have no use for them in real life is beyond me

If a business uses facebook so you have to "like" them I'll pass.

mweba

Reaction score
I would rather be cutting wood than searching the interwebs for people doing just that.

de_dubya

Reaction score
If we hadn't searched...

...the interwebs for people doing just that.

Many of us would not know one another, or ever have met at a GTG. I live ~10 miles from Young and if not for here and AS would never met him or any of the folks at Wiggz's (actually Mrs J's) GTG. I do get your point though social media like anything else can be a tool, or a crutch.... use it accordingly, after all it won't heat the house or pay the bills.

dw

Latest posts