Help me find a Mcculloch bow bar

IEL

Imaginary Girlfriend
Reaction score
Looking for a bow bar for my Mac 250. Being in the PNW of Canada, there is no chance of finding one local....

Anyone got something lying around?

I am wanting to make it stand out a bit more at shows, and I think a bow would be just the thing!

Al Smith

Reaction score
Northwestern Ohio in the middle of a giant corn fi
I've got one but I don't want to part with it .Fact I landed that thing from Ohio on flea bay plus a running 10-10,a parts 10-10 plus a 250 for 65 bucks .The shipping cost me 25 to go about 40 miles .

Who I can think of besides flea bar ,Scott at Chainsawr ,Bryce in washington state( cheap chainsaw parts flea bay ) ,Bob in Maryland NY or possibley Fayetteville equipment repair in NY state .They are on the net.

I don't know if Bob at Bob's lawnmower repair service in Maryland NY is still kicking or not .It's been some time since I bought anything there .Plus I think his daughter was flea baying stuff .

Warped5

Wingnut
Reaction score
I've got one but I don't want to part with it .Fact I landed that thing from Ohio on flea bay plus a running 10-10,a parts 10-10 plus a 250 for 65 bucks .The shipping cost me 25 to go about 40 miles .

Who I can think of besides flea bar ,Scott at Chainsawr ,Bryce in washington state( cheap chainsaw parts flea bay ) ,Bob in Maryland NY or possibley Fayetteville equipment repair in NY state .They are on the net.

I don't know if Bob at Bob's lawnmower repair service in Maryland NY is still kicking or not .It's been some time since I bought anything there .Plus I think his daughter was flea baying stuff .

Yep, Bob is still there ..

naked arborist

Reaction score
Post a pic of what you are looking for. I have two bows I might not use and one has a flat spot in it. They are medium and large. They have huge mounts on them like a Craftsman clearing bar. I have one of those also. I bought them for the guards and might lengthen one for easy of use. The other one is really no good to use unless I weld up the flat spot and re-harden the chain rail.

Warped5

Wingnut
Reaction score
You will either need to modify your clutch cover or find one for a bow.

Maybe. The only bow I've ever seen in person was on a 250. The bar mount was angled a bit so the bow operated at a lower angle. The clutch cover did not appear to have been modified.

Guido Salvage

Reaction score
Maybe. The only bow I've ever seen in person was on a 250. The bar mount was angled a bit so the bow operated at a lower angle. The clutch cover did not appear to have been modified.

That would be true of a clearing bow where you could angle it down, but not on a 13" or 14" bow.

heimannm

Reaction score
Like this?

DSCN0110.jpg

DSCN0109.jpg

gtgjuly121.jpg

Mark

naked arborist

Reaction score
Post a pic of what you are looking for. I have two bows I might not use and one has a flat spot in it. They are medium and large. They have huge mounts on them like a Craftsman clearing bar. I have one of those also. I bought them for the guards and might lengthen one for easy of use. The other one is really no good to use unless I weld up the flat spot and re-harden the chain rail.

Well, interested or not?

Hey Mark, I think that guard goes on the bottom of the bow. Saves on legs and stuff IMO. Mine are mounted on the bottom.

IEL

Imaginary Girlfriend
Reaction score
Well, interested or not?

Hey Mark, I think that guard goes on the bottom of the bow. Saves on legs and stuff IMO. Mine are mounted on the bottom.

Since starting this thread, I have bought quite a bit of parts and such, and I don't think I can really afford shipping on a bow right now.....

Plus I got that mac going and set it up with a normal bar, and I like running it too much to convert it to a show toy.

Latest posts