Help me out with a Stihl

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I don't know much about Stihl in the realm of values, pricing, or what to look for in them. There's an 026pro listed on Craigslist for $150 and is described as being in near mint condition. The 026 seems to carry a good rep around here. It's about a 3 hour ride from me but I do pass through the area when headed to the inlaws or to camp. I don't particularly have a great interest in the saw, but if one of you homies does I'd be willing to inquire about it further and take a look at it when i go up that way. Or just pass the info along to whomever is interested.

If $150 is steep then disregard this!!! :D

Kevin

Feb 7, 2012
Tom,
That's a good price for a mint one for someone who wants one. They do make nice little saws for the local old-timer, and if he's cool port it for him :D

If it is mint, see if the guy will take 125.00 and I'll do it.

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Tom,
That's a good price for a mint one for someone who wants one. They do make nice little saws for the local old-timer, and if he's cool port it for him :D

If it is mint, see if the guy will take 125.00 and I'll do it.
Alright boss I'll send a message and see if he'll bite on it. Have to take a good look at it to make sure it's what he says it is though, anything in particular I should be looking for on it? Other than being clean, good compression... Any typical issues?

I sell good running 026's on ebay for 250-300$ all the time, so it's a good price.
Good to know :thumbsup: Thought it sounded like a good deal. That's like a 346xp right? Or are the older ones not quite so much like a 260pro?

Kevin

Feb 7, 2012
First off, Thanks!
Look and make sure it has the fully adj oiler and it just aint dressed in 026 pro's clothing. It should also have a comp release. I also take a good flashlight and look through the spark plug hole at the ex side. Other then that, a real good general inspection.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
First off, Thanks!
Look and make sure it has the fully adj oiler and it just aint dressed in 026 pro's clothing. It should also have a comp release. I also take a good flashlight and look through the spark plug hole at the ex side. Other then that, a real good general inspection.
Alrighty I'm lookin for an adjustable oiler and a decomp :thumbsup: Think I can handle that :smoking:

Kevin

Feb 7, 2012
Alrighty I'm lookin for an adjustable oiler and a decomp :thumbsup: Think I can handle that :smoking:
Yeah, that would be cool... if he says it's mint; good plastic, no tooling marks on things, OEM jug, etc..etc..

You work on this stuff all the time, you already know what to look for I'm sure but it is good to get my perspective.
When do you think you're going up?

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
Make darn sure it's got the two screw carb. I've never been able to make an 026/260 run worth a crap with the fixed high side carb. Then again, there's been a few two screw 260's I never did get to run right.

The 026/260 is an awesome saw but the whole intake tract, from filter to carb boot sucks....

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Not sure when I'll head up. Still waiting to hear back from the guy about the email i sent him. I'll give him a call tomorrow if I don't hear back today. I have a trailer load of stuff coming in today so I'll be busy all day. Trailer like 53 footer, not a trailer behind a pickup :lol:

Kevin

Feb 7, 2012
Make darn sure it's got the two screw carb. I've never been able to make an 026/260 run worth a crap with the fixed high side carb. Then again, there's been a few two screw 260's I never did get to run right.

The 026/260 is an awesome saw but the whole intake tract, from filter to carb boot sucks....
Any of those carbs I find end up being parts carbs, I never let a saw go with the one screwer. Good call though.

I do have two fully adjble carbs standing by for the 260...now if they work:notsure:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Need help with Stihl 066 Magnum Chainsawz 11
Chity_Avatar Stihl 076 for sale to help buy some tools For Sale 21
struggle Stihl 044 help pto side Chainsawz 6
cowroy Stihl 026 help? Chainsawz 14
G stihl 056 help! Chainsawz 10
T 441 Stihl " HELP " Chainsawz 8
Adirondackstihl STIHL SN# (Dealer help) Chainsawz 2
mweba Help Stihl identification Chainsawz 8
Jimmy in NC Auction: Help Irma Victim - Raffle Prize Chainsawz 1
Jimmy in NC Raffle To Help A Friend. Chainsawz 60
Black Dog Chainsaw Dolmar 122 Help... Chainsawz 4
Genius Help me understand carbs Chainsawz 47
Genius Need help finding a App GeekHawgz! 9
SquareFile Noob.......please help New Memberz Area 51
WoodChuck'r Gonna need some help this month d00dz. Site Info, Tech Support, & Suggestion Box 488
pastryguyhawaii Chainsaw tool ID help Chainsawz 11
M Alsport Trisport Daytona Blazer Help? Hawgz Back 40 8
DefinitiveDave help with 044 vs. 046 Chainsawz 20
Modifiedmark Oregon grinder switch need some electricians help Chainsawz 39
J Chainsaw locking up help! Chainsawz 25
N Need help to ID a McCulloch that is for sale . Chainsawz 9
Black Dog Chainsaw chainsaw wiring... Help with parts! Chainsawz 5
cat-face timber Husky 272 issue need your help! Chainsawz 54
JakeG Help me build a list The Razorback Lounge 31
L Oleo Mac clutch removel "Help" Chainsawz 6
Hinerman Help needed installing a oiler pump on 460 Chainsawz 3
N Meteor piston for MS361 not fitting right..help! Chainsawz 7
NORMZILLA44 Need some help all. Chainsawz 27
Modifiedmark Member help in south side Milwaukee? Chainsawz 4
K MS 310 help needed !! Chainsawz 5
Z7extreme Chainsaw dyno upgrade. Need your help.Anybody have any experience with these? Chainsawz 6
Adirondackstihl Circuit Board Help Hawgz Garage 13
TK Chainsaw Raffle! Help a good man in need! Chainsawz 26
Chity_Avatar I know a kid that needs some help. The Razorback Lounge 67
C Help Housebreak my 038 Chainsawz 6
N HELP !! Any chance there ia a 52mm piston for a MS650 out there ? Wanted 8
Adirondackstihl 044 HELP Chainsawz 20
Chity_Avatar I need your help guys. The Razorback Lounge 42
countryhog coil help Chainsawz 6
Black Dog Chainsaw 066/660 Ignition matching... Help... Chainsawz 3
Cmarti Ughhhh video help for dummies Site Info, Tech Support, & Suggestion Box 1
Fifelaker It pays to help a neighbor The Razorback Lounge 9
Black Dog Chainsaw 066/660 help needed Chainsawz 8
axlr8 Need some 056 Mag 2 points help... Chainsawz 7
cowroy Help please. Site Info, Tech Support, & Suggestion Box 29
R Need help with posting new thread Chainsawz 8
C SAW 017 pic help please?? Chainsawz 5
Adirondackstihl 288 Flywheel Help Chainsawz 13
DefinitiveDave a little help with valuation Chainsawz 11
Mastermind Let's Have A Raffle & Help Out tlandrum of Wicked Worksaws Chainsawz 215