Quantcast

Help me out with a Stihl

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I don't know much about Stihl in the realm of values, pricing, or what to look for in them. There's an 026pro listed on Craigslist for $150 and is described as being in near mint condition. The 026 seems to carry a good rep around here. It's about a 3 hour ride from me but I do pass through the area when headed to the inlaws or to camp. I don't particularly have a great interest in the saw, but if one of you homies does I'd be willing to inquire about it further and take a look at it when i go up that way. Or just pass the info along to whomever is interested.

If $150 is steep then disregard this!!! :D

Kevin

Reaction score
Tom,
That's a good price for a mint one for someone who wants one. They do make nice little saws for the local old-timer, and if he's cool port it for him :D

If it is mint, see if the guy will take 125.00 and I'll do it.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Tom,
That's a good price for a mint one for someone who wants one. They do make nice little saws for the local old-timer, and if he's cool port it for him :D

If it is mint, see if the guy will take 125.00 and I'll do it.

Alright boss I'll send a message and see if he'll bite on it. Have to take a good look at it to make sure it's what he says it is though, anything in particular I should be looking for on it? Other than being clean, good compression... Any typical issues?

I sell good running 026's on ebay for 250-300$ all the time, so it's a good price.

Good to know :thumbsup: Thought it sounded like a good deal. That's like a 346xp right? Or are the older ones not quite so much like a 260pro?

Kevin

Reaction score
First off, Thanks!
Look and make sure it has the fully adj oiler and it just aint dressed in 026 pro's clothing. It should also have a comp release. I also take a good flashlight and look through the spark plug hole at the ex side. Other then that, a real good general inspection.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
First off, Thanks!
Look and make sure it has the fully adj oiler and it just aint dressed in 026 pro's clothing. It should also have a comp release. I also take a good flashlight and look through the spark plug hole at the ex side. Other then that, a real good general inspection.

Alrighty I'm lookin for an adjustable oiler and a decomp :thumbsup: Think I can handle that :smoking:

Kevin

Reaction score
Alrighty I'm lookin for an adjustable oiler and a decomp :thumbsup: Think I can handle that :smoking:

Yeah, that would be cool... if he says it's mint; good plastic, no tooling marks on things, OEM jug, etc..etc..

You work on this stuff all the time, you already know what to look for I'm sure but it is good to get my perspective.
When do you think you're going up?

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Reaction score
Make darn sure it's got the two screw carb. I've never been able to make an 026/260 run worth a crap with the fixed high side carb. Then again, there's been a few two screw 260's I never did get to run right.

The 026/260 is an awesome saw but the whole intake tract, from filter to carb boot sucks....

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Not sure when I'll head up. Still waiting to hear back from the guy about the email i sent him. I'll give him a call tomorrow if I don't hear back today. I have a trailer load of stuff coming in today so I'll be busy all day. Trailer like 53 footer, not a trailer behind a pickup :lol:

Kevin

Reaction score
Make darn sure it's got the two screw carb. I've never been able to make an 026/260 run worth a crap with the fixed high side carb. Then again, there's been a few two screw 260's I never did get to run right.

The 026/260 is an awesome saw but the whole intake tract, from filter to carb boot sucks....

Any of those carbs I find end up being parts carbs, I never let a saw go with the one screwer. Good call though.

I do have two fully adjble carbs standing by for the 260...now if they work:notsure:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Any of those carbs I find end up being parts carbs, I never let a saw go with the one screwer. Good call though.

I do have two fully adjble carbs standing by for the 260...now if they work:notsure:

You got a ultrasonic cleaner, they'll work :thumbsup:

Latest posts