Quantcast

Hey Genius........

Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Reaction score
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis
Remember a couple weeks ago I told you they were pulling water off the corn (around here) for it to dry enough to combine? Well I took this picture today....

View attachment 989

bucknfeller

Antique Vagina Connoisseur
Reaction score
Oats mostly. Barley is almost ready. Not much wheat grown around here.

I guess winter wheat doesn't do well in the permafrost? :farkyou:

Not too many oats grown here anymore, other than livestock farmers growing them for feed. Good bit of Barley, it usually comes off around the 5th of June, and Wheat comes off around the 25th of June. Lots of Corn, early beans, and double crop beans.

Our corn is about 2 weeks out.

DSS

Steps right, throws right. Swings both ways.
Reaction score
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn is a midget
Potatoes are king here. Soybeans are just starting to catch on in the last few years. Barley and oats are grown for feed, same as corn, its all chopped for silage. Lot of hay, sometimes just to plow down. Very rare to see a field of wheat, and winter wheat is the same, rare, no idea why. Carrots and other vegetables but not huge amounts.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
We've been having local corn around here for at least a month now..... What's wrong with y'all down south? :wtf:

Mrs. J

Reaction score
Our field corn is nowhere near ready. It just rains and rains and rains!!! Just now cut the wheat a few weeks ago and planted soybeans super late. Crazy weather this year.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
OOhhhhhhhh field corn.... I get it.....