Home Entertainment

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I get right into the home entertainment stuff, love watching movies. Not much of a TV watching kind of guy, only get about 6 channels. So post up what you guys got going on in your living room/tv room/den/man room, whatever you call it.

A little over a year ago I just couldn't stand my old school 27" tube TV anymore. So I made the leap into the world of HighDef. Bought a 50" Panasonic Plasma and a Panasonic BluRay player to go with it. At the time I had a Pioneer receiver, but it had no HDMI ports so I made due with that for a little while. Along with that I have a pair of floorstanding Klipsch speakers. I've had the receiver and speakers for 12 years now. I've since upgraded to an Onkyo receiver with plenty of juice to make me feel like I'm really there. I had to add the rest of the surround sound setup to really join the rest of the world in the home theater experience so I bought a new Klipsch center channel, and two used bookshelf surround speakers. After that I added an Onkyo 10" powered sub.

I'll try to snag some pics and get them uploaded in the next day or so. And don't mind the rest of the place, I'm the guy that lives in the crappy apartment but has the stereo to wake the dead :rock: Guess I need to rethink my priorities :yup:

Reactions: 1 person

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
I'm running all Samsung. Tv needs some updating (was looking today) but it is 1080P 60hz lcd. Samsung Blu-ray 5.1 home theatre. It is an all in one setup. I did have a kenwood amp running all paradigm but the kids kept messing with it so down the road it went(miss it so much). We only have cable in the winter, Dish network pack 250 HD but keep netflix year round as that's about all I watch anymore. I hate commercials:D

Also have an antenna on a 40ft tower to get 30+ local channels in HD.

Gink

Jan 9, 2012
Helmer, Indiana
I have a 54" Mitsubishi projector TV from like 2001... I can't see replacing it either. I really like the thing has good picture and sound. I'm not all that interested in the high tech stuff like that, I wouldn't know how to use half the features if I did or even want to.:D

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I'm holding out on the 3D kick that's going around now. Just like plasma it will be cheaper in a few years, there will be more movies/tv support for it, and the technology will be a lot better. I don't like the idea of the glasses and the wires and all that crap. I did hear there's a company working on a "no glasses needed" 3D setup, which would be awesome.

I've gotta look into an antenna for some free channels. I've heard pretty good things about it in this area.

Mitsubishi FTW :rock: They make some kickass TVs :thumbsup:

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Im with you on the 3d technology. The glasses disorient me and the price is getting better. At the moment im just looking for crisp and fast response time.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Im with you on the 3d technology. The glasses disorient me and the price is getting better. At the moment im just looking for crisp and fast response time.
I'm nothing but happy with my Panasonic Plasma. Panasonic owns the plasma technology set forth by Pioneer, and it's only getting better. I still prefer plasma to LCD in any comparison I've made. 600hz on the refresh rate too for plasma, no need to worry about which version you get like with LCD. 1080p and you're all set :thumbsup:

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Nothing better than a Panny Plas.....

Got me a 50" and I bought a 46" to have at my moms house for the bedroom when I was there most of last year. Awesome TV's. I may end up getting the 65" sooner than later. :banana:

NORMZILLA44

Jan 10, 2012
Hopland Ca. The badlands
I get right into the home entertainment stuff, love watching movies. Not much of a TV watching kind of guy, only get about 6 channels. So post up what you guys got going on in your living room/tv room/den/man room, whatever you call it.

A little over a year ago I just couldn't stand my old school 27" tube TV anymore. So I made the leap into the world of HighDef. Bought a 50" Panasonic Plasma and a Panasonic BluRay player to go with it. At the time I had a Pioneer receiver, but it had no HDMI ports so I made due with that for a little while. Along with that I have a pair of floorstanding Klipsch speakers. I've had the receiver and speakers for 12 years now. I've since upgraded to an Onkyo receiver with plenty of juice to make me feel like I'm really there. I had to add the rest of the surround sound setup to really join the rest of the world in the home theater experience so I bought a new Klipsch center channel, and two used bookshelf surround speakers. After that I added an Onkyo 10" powered sub.

I'll try to snag some pics and get them uploaded in the next day or so. And don't mind the rest of the place, I'm the guy that lives in the crappy apartment but has the stereo to wake the dead :rock: Guess I need to rethink my priorities :yup:
LOL! Just caught whats this? Home entertainment with Woodchuckr on the headline post. I thought oh boy this outta be good!! Home entertainment for me, T.V going either good documentary, ultimate fighting, or shark shows, axmen. Laptop on my lap site surfing!! Here of course, and my cell to my left for the text messages!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Dad the woodworker has since built some stands for the surround speakers. I had him build the base a little larger for stability on carpet. The bottom has a recess in it in case I wanted to add weight for even more stability. Everybody I know has kids and I'm probably not too far from it so I gotta start thinking about that stuff :yup:

Next step is some longer speaker wire, clearly stretching it with that bit and I'd like to get it a little more hidden in the future for a cleaner look.

And don't mind the mess, we stuffed crap in every corner this weekend to make room for out of town family to stay while they were visiting in the hospital.