Quantcast

How to change a 365 x torque into a 372

mweba

Reaction score
This thread will be a detailed one showing how to do the conversion. Wiggs (if he ever finishes it:rolleyes:) has a good port thread going so I will show the easy power gains in detail. The owner wants this saw to remain strato charged to keep fumes down. Hope to have this all complete this weekend.

Last edited:

mweba

Reaction score
Made four vids today. Intro, detailed inside view/how to remove baffles and before/after cuts. Unfortunately, the inside detailed video failed:angry::angry::angry: Going to add some old pics to show the baffle and a new vid of the finished product so I will be set back a day on this one.

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Reaction score
Wiggs (if he ever finishes it:rolleyes:) has a good port thread going....

Yea, I kinda dropped the ball on that one.

The morning I finished it, mitch came and got it. I never got a vid. Its a darn strong saw now. Ill give him a shout and see if he can run it down tomorrow for a vid.

mweba

Reaction score
Just flipping ya chit. I heard through the grape vine that it turned out strong. What is your impression of it?

Watching the videos, it looks like a guy picks up 3-6 seconds in 28" wood, just removing the cap baffles. I appears in the move I lost my note book:banghead: With any luck, I can figure out were I was with the first cylinder I ported as I still have it.

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Reaction score
Just flipping ya chit. I heard through the grape vine that it turned out strong. What is your impression of it?

I'll be honest, I wasn't impressed at first. After he took it and put several gallons thru it, it came alive. It was like running a totally different saw. He loves it. Especially after he ran several of the "ported" 372's at the GTG.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
I might hafta get me one of these X-Torq's eventually. Maybe I'll make it a 2172.

After selling so many saws I'm gonna hafta restock the arsenal later in the year! :yougo: :evilgrin: :banana: :rock:

mweba

Reaction score
I might hafta get me one of these X-Torq's eventually. Maybe I'll make it a 2172.

After selling so many saws I'm gonna hafta restock the arsenal later in the year! :yougo: :evilgrin: :banana: :rock:

Got a couple clammies and an echo for ya buddy:sly:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Ya I got plenty of saws. 55 rancher. 450e. Mac 610. All for sale. :lol:

mweba

Reaction score
Making some head way. Little transfer clean up

mweba

Reaction score
Six hours into a video upload! My phone battery is on fire! 3G watchdog warms that if I keep this pace up I will have used 9.8gigs by months end:banana::banana::banana:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I did!!! :D

I'd have thought by now he'd ditch that old phone and get something that connects wifi.... :banana:

mweba

Reaction score
My plan is unlimited, thankful for that! I started this morning with a full battery and plugged in. The battery is now at 5% and its been plugged in the entire time:yup: That single core is WARM LOL

mweba

Reaction score
Well, I've not fought video problems like that before. Larger file sizes sure do bring their own issues.

As I lost one video(the important one), I have to resort to borrowing a pic. Thanks, MS460WOODCHUCK for the pic. Both of these covers are off a 365XT. The one on the right has the divider clipped.

Attachments

• transfer covers.jpg
    transfer covers.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

mweba

Reaction score
Just by clipping the divider I gained 3-6 seconds and the power was much easier to use. The last vid is my woods port for this model, picking up 8-11 seconds over the stock 365. Saw is running an eight pin to better show the power gain.

[video=youtube_share;7Vdn_VzDYTY]http://youtu.be/7Vdn_VzDYTY[/video]

mweba

Reaction score
Will be going back into this one again for some squish adjustment, check wear pattern and scavenge witness. The compression is now 156, stock it was 165. These stratos seem to love the exhaust raised just a hair. The extra blow down adds some usable working rpm making the saw easier to run. Also the woods port I have been doing make their best power tuned to 13,300-13500. Will keep the thread posted.

Latest posts