Quantcast

Husky 350 went under the knife

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Finally got around to going through it. She runs good, sounds good. All I did was widen the exhaust and intake, smooth things out, and mod the muff. The exhaust port opened up a bit to match the muffler as it was a bit smaller to begin with. Cut the stock deflector off, opened up the top, put a 55 deflector on, easy as that. I will need to put a heat shield on the top cover, definitely going to melt if I don't. It may still melt for all I know, it's a tight fit. I may cut it back a little bit to be sure.

It's an oldie, 44mm open port 350.

[video=youtube;DTeagVX3QsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTeagVX3QsI[/video]

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
[video=youtube;lOFe_SQrSuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOFe_SQrSuQ[/video]

rms61moparman

Reaction score
350's respond REALLY well to simple mods and make GREAT firewood saws.
If it weren't for the damn bolt on top cover they would be in the running for the greatest FIREWOOD saws of all time.
Sucks to have to unbolt the top cover to check the air filter though.
That's the very reason I now have a 351!!!

Mike

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
If you gotta have something to pop the clips off the top cover, what's so bad about using that same tool to unscrew three screws? And as far as air filters go, husky's seldom have issues in comparison to most of the other brands (the almighty Stihl included) so its a non-issue in my eyes ;)

This one woke up alright for no machine work. All I've got is a good tune and a couple of cuts on it. The next couple days should provide some good feedback as to whether it will be good or not. Looks like a 25ish percent increase in speed. Time will tell, tough to judge in smaller wood.

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Reaction score
Got 2 of those on the bench as we speak... One in J-red clothing... Must be newer ones, cause they got the quad port jugs...??? Pistons mic 48.6mm... Is that right??? Skirt is a tick over 45mm...
Both toasted... Straight gassed by the same guy, same day...
:saywhat:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I thought 350's were all open port cyls?

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Oh man I got hosed!!! :eek:

Nah I wasn't completely sure. You must have the newer style with the dished piston then? I've worked on a ton of 350's but only had the cyl off the one in this thread.

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Reaction score
Bwahahaha!!!!!

Attachments

• port cover.jpg
    port cover.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 46

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Ahhhh!!!! I need a face palm emot but I can't get it from muh phone. I knew that lol dad had a 350 with the transfer covers. Me so stoooopid lol

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Reaction score
Ahhhh!!!! I need a face palm emot but I can't get it from muh phone. I knew that lol dad had a 350 with the transfer covers. Me so stoooopid lol

The j red will just get a flat top piston an go back into service, but the 350 will get some special treatment...:banana:

Latest posts