Quantcast

Husky Idle

Blazin

Mr. Whiskerz
Reaction score
Had a screwball occurance with my 365 a few weekends ago, the idle kept creeping up and the first time I thought it was running out of fuel but it was'nt. I turned the idle back down and 6 cuts later it was racing again, Finally I pulled the filter and marked the idle screw and sure enough it was turning in 5 or 6 cuts later. I ended up pulling the screw and putting 3 wraps of teflon on it and it's been fine since, least it was'nt the worst of the evils it could have been.

It looks like it may have a set screw from the bottom of the carb, I looked at the breakdown quick and did'nt see anything of the sort. Any of you guys had one of them apart? If not I'll have to do some minor exploritory surgery to find out at some point :p

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
How old is the saw? Has it been adjusted much over time? Cold weather usage?

I've never seen a creeping idle screw on that particular model, but I have on other pieces of equipment. The threads just seemed to be worn out, probably due to vibration. What carb do you have?

Blazin

Mr. Whiskerz
Reaction score
Oh derp....It's a '00 365 special with a zama carb. I've never had to touch the idle on this saw before, so it's not like it's worn out. It see's the most use in the winter months, but I've never had any issue with it at all. My other thought was maybe the plastic guide tube was vibrating against it but that seemed fairly snug, just odd it would creep in and not out. :dunno:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I would run it with the teflon in there. Not sure why it would back out on you in those circumstances. The other thing would be to put a spring on it to keep tension. Or switch to a Walbro carb.

Blazin

Mr. Whiskerz
Reaction score
I'm gonna just run it for now, I had intentions of doing a BB update on it but this saw is still one strong running mofo. It's blocked 15-20 full cords of firewood every year since '00 and felled uncountable trees :thumbsup:

CBird

Hurt feelings
Reaction score
I'm gonna just run it for now, I had intentions of doing a BB update on it but this saw is still one strong running mofo. It's blocked 15-20 full cords of firewood every year since '00 and felled uncountable trees :thumbsup:

14 3/8

Latest posts