Quantcast

Husqvarna 55 Rancher

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
We have a 2004 Husqvarna 55 Rancher here.

Sports a 20" bar with 3/8 chain, currently a worn out 72V oregon. Sharpened, good for low to the ground work, a chain you don't care about. Bar is in about the same shape, still plenty good for doing work where you wouldn't want to stick a nice new one.

New OEM pison/ring/bearing/pin/clips
Original OEM open port cylinder
New exhaust gasket
Stock muffler
New drive rim
Rebuilt carburetor (see carb rebuild thread)
New fuel line/filter/tank grommet
New fuel cap
Cylinder is gasketless, running liquid gasket sealant
New BPM7Y spark plug
No compression test yet, want to run a tank or two through it for good measure. Will post results after testing. If anyone is interested in the I'll give it the test immediately. Feels strong, especially running a liquid gasket.
Tuned a tad rich, sea level here, tachs to 12,200RPM

Little brother 51 also for sale, in another thread. Make me a reasonable offer.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Still for sale, just looking for a reasonable offer on the saw. Compression is at 190psi as it sits right now, just checked. As mentioned in the original post there is no base gasket under the cylinder. Other than that the saw is completely stock.

I'd entertain offers in the $150 range. I'd ship it with a brand new bar and chain of your choice (meaning Husqvarna branded, your choice of pitch, gauge, length) for $200. Here's a vid showing it's current running condition, and how it does with the current mostly worn out 20" 3/8 setup with a Oregon Vanguard chain.

Sorry, the phone focused on muh damn face when I hit record so the vids a tad blurry.

[video=youtube;eb_WM6kwqJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb_WM6kwqJQ[/video]

And no, the chain isn't too tight. Not sure what the whiny noise is I didn't hear it when I ran the saw.

mweba

Reaction score
Phones make the all the odd sounds stand out. For some reason they make all Stihl equipment sound all rattly like they are going to fall apart......Ahh or was that the camera..

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
This saw may be getting converted to a closed port model, will know within the week probably. Or just sold with the closed port top end separately as an extra. It currently sits as an open port model.

Reaction score
This saw may be getting converted to a closed port model, will know within the week probably. Or just sold with the closed port top end separately as an extra. It currently sits as an open port model.
let me know if that happens.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
New parts for other saws arriving on the 11th, will know if the cyl is salvageable next week. If it is are you interested in it being on the saw or just with it?

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Alrighty I'll keep ya posted.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Cylinder looks salvageable. I didn't spend a ton of time looking the thing over, I'll try to get some pics later today. Gotta get some work done first before I play. Slug is toast. Like burnt texas toast kinda toast.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Didn't get any pics today. Up to you if you want it, I think it's usable with a new piston. Make an offer. Don't forget these closed port jobs are worth their weight in gold LMAO!!!!!!!

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Good call, you'd think if there were any good mods around here they'd take care of that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.