Husqvarna Thread Three

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Jan 13, 2012
Uranus...
Could well be too thick a cord yer using Bob. Think them smaller Huskys used #3 or #3.5 cord.

There's a certain way that the cord is supposed to be routed on some of those smaller Husky pulleys too. Easier to show than to explain.

I don't have access to my WSM's right now. Every time I do one of those I have to relearn the right way all over again....

bigbadbob

Ewe turn me on
Dec 9, 2015
Up Norf
Could well be too thick a cord yer using Bob. Think them smaller Huskys used #3 or #3.5 cord.

There's a certain way that the cord is supposed to be routed on some of those smaller Husky pulleys too. Easier to show than to explain.

I don't have access to my WSM's right now. Every time I do one of those I have to relearn the right way all over again....
Bob is there a second hole in that pulley to the right or left of the one where the cord comes out?

If so, ya tuck the end of the cord back into that hole. The cord goes over that end in the pulley groove as it's wound onto the pulley.
No second hole. But the existing hole is more than needed, almost like you could tuck the end back in,,,
WSM I have shows a knot,, but a knot hits the pawls.
I think the way I have it in the pics is correct, maybe just the smaller rope is required.

DSS

Prince of Tater Island
Jan 10, 2012
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn© is a midget
I have looked on ebay for rope for a certain saw and some ads give the size.
You buy it by the size, 3, 3.5, 4 etc. A roll is cheap and lasts for years. I've seen baler twine, shoelace, survey string, you name it

A guy brought me a 242 a couple of years ago, said the recoil was screwed up and it was hard to start. He had a piece of bootlace about 10" long for a rope

Majorpayne

Wallet Washer
Nov 18, 2012
Southern Illinois
You buy it by the size, 3, 3.5, 4 etc. A roll is cheap and lasts for years. I've seen baler twine, shoelace, survey string, you name it

A guy brought me a 242 a couple of years ago, said the recoil was screwed up and it was hard to start. He had a piece of bootlace about 10" long for a rope
I have 4 rolls of different sizes but if I don't know the size I will look on ebay.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dieselfitter Wanted 26
S For Sale 11
cat-face timber Wanted 4
homelitejim Chainsawz 7
L Chainsawz 12537