Husqvarna Thread Three

roberte

little man
Sep 30, 2013
Could well be too thick a cord yer using Bob. Think them smaller Huskys used #3 or #3.5 cord.

There's a certain way that the cord is supposed to be routed on some of those smaller Husky pulleys too. Easier to show than to explain.

I don't have access to my WSM's right now. Every time I do one of those I have to relearn the right way all over again....
Winchester short magnum?

bigbadbob

Ewe turn me on
Dec 9, 2015
Up Norf
So on the 254 I managed to tuck the tail just back inside the drum, seems to work for now.
I think some 3mm rope would be better. Next trip to the city.

On another note,
Took out the new to me 181 and put a 36 bar and skip on it and cut some cookies, runs great.
I had put new seals in it.

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
Replace the two crank seals, dealer didnt have o ring.
Old seals werent hard,,
Idles well and runs well and responds nicely to carb adjustments.
Better hang tightly on the the starter handle ,, succer has lots of comp.
Nice example of an old timer, survivor thin ring
Gotta drag it back to the cabin,, now woods in the city.
View attachment 59145
That's a nice one!
Is there any trick to get a 254 starter rope to stay put on the drum outside??
It keeps coming off. Or if I heat/melt the end to make a small nub it then hangs in the pawl,,
Maybe I got thick of rope. Annoying,,
No second hole. But the existing hole is more than needed, almost like you could tuck the end back in,,,
WSM I have shows a knot,, but a knot hits the pawls.
I think the way I have it in the pics is correct, maybe just the smaller rope is required.
I've been taking a thin wire and threading it through the rope, looping and twisting it where they overlap. Kind of a pain but it won't come off.

Tor R

Jun 28, 2014
Norway
Got some slugs from the Greek today

_DSC5385.jpg

Oil adjustment screw broke, most would swap saw when they realize it. This guy didn't.
View attachment 59481

This swrew also missed, ain't much deeper we can drill before we're through the case..
_DSC5346.jpg

A project I'm doing for my logger buddy, 353 jug, lightly ported, gave the exhaust a tad P2000 polish
_DSC5358.jpg

Tor R

Jun 28, 2014
Norway
You getting a 572 tor?
well Dave, I was close to swipe my card, but then I thought about how nice it would be to have one pro brushcutter. So far I've bought none of them :D

I used to have 2×242 and a nice 246G, someone stole one of my 242's and I figured out it was best to expand the number a tad, few years ago.
I gotta admit that I've lost the control over them lol

czed

Orders his shit fire from Amazon
Aug 30, 2014
well Dave, I was close to swipe my card, but then I thought about how nice it would be to have one pro brushcutter. So far I've bought none of them :D

I used to have 2×242 and a nice 246G, someone stole one of my 242's and I figured out it was best to expand the number a tad, few years ago.
Wuss

czed

Orders his shit fire from Amazon
Aug 30, 2014

Did you tune the guy up that stole your saw?

Tor R

Jun 28, 2014
Norway
Did you tune the guy up that stole your saw?
Nope, never figured out who it was.

I did report it to the police, they officially had a case on it.
Through their investigation, they never came up to take a look in my building.
Eventually they closed the case - impossible to identify the deed man.

Hehe wonder if "the deed man" is correct though!

Tor R

Jun 28, 2014
Norway
The leak like that to
Bleed off some of that badass power tor
Gotta slow them down some
the combo of sawdust & oil saved the top end :DDD wonder how the power was in her at the end

When we crank them together the seal holder need a tad space to squezz out if needed, later Husky changed the jug/bearing cup, wasnt enough so they also changed the crankcase.
I'll do those two modds on this saw, when I reseal the whole shit together again it won't surprise me if the seals also leak lol

Tor R

Jun 28, 2014
Norway
340/345/350, This modd is what I ment (same modd has to be done with the crankcase):
_DSC5431.jpg
There is still enough meat left for the seal to seat, but the way they came in the start (without the modd they later did) there isn't enough area for the seal holder to swallow out when we crank the bottom part together, ie, most of the saws from 1998, 99, 00, had a massive leak.

A colleague to my logger buddy came with a trio today, I'll say there isn't much hope for them.....257 - 42 special - 254
_DSC5435.jpg

None of them are scored, all of them locked, due....
_DSC5436.jpg

2152 - year 2010, my first official port work for others, always smart to start with a pressura/vacuum test first, found a leak here:
_DSC5434.jpg

DSS

Prince of Tater Island
Jan 10, 2012
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn© is a midget
340/345/350, This modd is what I ment (same modd has to be done with the crankcase):
View attachment 59791
There is still enough meat left for the seal to seat, but the way they came in the start (without the modd they later did) there isn't enough area for the seal holder to swallow out when we crank the bottom part together, ie, most of the saws from 1998, 99, 00, had a massive leak.

A colleague to my logger buddy came with a trio today, I'll say there isn't much hope for them.....257 - 42 special - 254
View attachment 59792

None of them are scored, all of them locked, due....
View attachment 59793

2152 - year 2010, my first official port work for others, always smart to start with a pressura/vacuum test first, found a leak here:
View attachment 59794
I found a 42 special that runs fine, but is missing all the cylinder fins on one side. I don't think I'd try running it in the summer. Would be ok today, it's - 17c here

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dieselfitter Wanted 26
S For Sale 11
cat-face timber Wanted 4
homelitejim Chainsawz 7
L Chainsawz 12537