Husqvarna Thread Three

czed

Orders his **** fire from Amazon
Reaction score
I got a 15.00 rebuild kit off the Amazon
It's stamped Husqvarna with part numbers
On the cylinder
And base.
Identical in every way to the old one.IMG_20200923_124706.jpgIMG_20200918_142925.jpgIMG_20200918_143002.jpgIMG_20200923_151455.jpgxp oil is the bestestIMG_20200923_150938.jpgmowed a couple hours
Runs good.

PogoInTheWoods

Reaction score
345 husky with big air leak where metal crank base meets plastic base,,,,
What a fukin pain,,,,,

Check here for pinched bearing seals between the cylinder and case. Earlier version (and many aftermarket) housings and risers didn't have this bevel to account for the seal being squeezed out not allowing good enough mating between surfaces even with sealant. Sealant eventually breaks down/separates and leaks like a sieve. The bevel creates an allowance for the seal to flatten a bit in that area. Just add the bevel before bolting it back together if necessary. Credit to TorR for bringing this to light some time ago. Another possibility is the wrong bolts (too long) being used to fasten the cylinder to the housing if someone has been messing with the saw before..., maybe with an aftermarket top end kit with supplied self tapping bolts.

'Course it could also just be a busted housing or cylinder base if you haven't taken it apart yet.

0118191129_resized.jpg

bigbadbob

Inmate #27762
Reaction score
Check here for pinched bearing seals between the cylinder and case. Earlier version (and many aftermarket) housings and risers didn't have this bevel to account for the seal being squeezed out not allowing good enough mating between surfaces even with sealant. Sealant eventually breaks down/separates and leaks like a sieve. The bevel creates an allowance for the seal to flatten a bit in that area. Just add the bevel before bolting it back together if necessary. Credit to TorR for bringing this to light some time ago. Another possibility is the wrong bolts (too long) being used to fasten the cylinder to the housing if someone has been messing with the saw before..., maybe with an aftermarket top end kit with supplied self tapping bolts.

'Course it could also just be a busted housing or cylinder base if you haven't taken it apart yet.

View attachment 68008
Great info,, well its together, and I did note no bevel!! and the long bolts,,,,,Chit!!!
Unit seemed to bolt up fine,,,,time will tell.
I know the saw was fondled B4 me getting it, chink top end.
It seemed like the sealant failed in this area,, bubbled like a bugger there.
Some weird sealant,, almost like the fuel attacked it or lack of .
Its been resealed and will let it sit for a few days,, its a fun saw.
fixed.jpg.

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Reaction score
Great info,, well its together, and I did note no bevel!! and the long bolts,,,,,Chit!!!
Unit seemed to bolt up fine,,,,time will tell.
I know the saw was fondled B4 me getting it, chink top end.
It seemed like the sealant failed in this area,, bubbled like a bugger there.
Some weird sealant,, almost like the fuel attacked it or lack of .
Its been resealed and will let it sit for a few days,, its a fun saw.
View attachment 68015.

Probably RTV silicon sealant. Gas fucks that stuff up.

Latest posts