I need a Mini Mac

cat-face timber

Recycled Tampon. Just wring 'em out.
Reaction score
I have this need to own a Mini Mac.
I have never seen one in person, but watched a few videos on You tube as to how to work on them.

I really want one.

I want to test my patience... and I will send it to somebody here for their Christmas Gift....

Genius

The Brink of Destruction
Reaction score
I have never seen one in person, but watched a few videos on You tube as to how to work on them.

I really want one.

I want to test my patience... and I will send it to somebody here for their Christmas Gift....

Your going to have to fight Aaron and Chris. Those two get as many as they can find. They pay top dollar too.

But, Aaron is a prick, and DSS is a *******. I have one here that I didn't feel like sending to either of them.

PM me your address and I'll send it your way.

DSS

Steps right, throws right. Swings both ways.
Reaction score
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn is a midget
Your going to have to fight Aaron and Chris. Those two get as many as they can find. They pay top dollar too.

But, Aaron is a prick, and DSS is a *******. I have one here that I didn't feel like sending to either of them.

Lick me

heimannm

Reaction score
The early Mini Mac's with the fixed starter were tricky to get apart and back together, the later ones with a removable starter and really not that bad. On the early ones you have to get the flywheel fins lined up with the starter clutch just so to get it to slide past.

I have worked a on few top handle Stihl saws as well and they were certainly no better than the Mini's.

Mark

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Reaction score

*** with a mini-mac, a Homelite 150, an 029, an 015, and a Frontier/Quadra tophandle...

The early Mini Mac's with the fixed starter were tricky to get apart and back together, the later ones with a removable starter and really not that bad. On the early ones you have to get the flywheel fins lined up with the starter clutch just so to get it to slide past.

I have worked a on few top handle Stihl saws as well and they were certainly no better than the Mini's.

Mark

That's one of those "lesser of two evils" comparisons Mark. I can't stand working on 015's, 020's and other similar Stihls. Those along with mini-macs have no place in my shop.

As to the mini-mac 'multiplying' phenomenon.......................my friend Dave has a theory; If you fix the damn things and don't let them sit, they won't breed. He may be right, but I just get rid of them as soon as they come my way.

This is the last one that I was 'gifted' with. David is holding the saw and giving me the salute after I gave it to him (before it had a chance to breed).

DSS

Steps right, throws right. Swings both ways.
Reaction score
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn is a midget

heimannm

Reaction score
The SP40 is more serviceable than the Mini Mac saws. You can access and remove the carburetor without having to disassemble the entire saw. Same goes for the flywheel and points, you can remove the cover from the flywheel side and have complete access to work on the ignition if you need to.

I have one that I use occasionally, not a bad saw in the bucket...if you drop it you are not out too much.

DSCN0217.jpg

Mark

Wood Doctor

Reaction score
Mini Mac Offer

I really want one.

I have one that does not run but it's really close to working. Beautiful cosmetic condition. Not a scratch on it. I'll send it to you free of charge, provided that you agree to attempt to convert it to a running saw. If you also need a bar and chain(s), let me know. I have both a 10" bar and chain and a 16" that will fit it.

I first bought one of these back in 1977. Amazing little critters.

Wood Doctor

Reaction score
Shipped the Mini Mac

The Mini Mac is on its way to OP. In exchange for half the shipping cost, I threw in a sharp Picco chain that's in good condition.

All this saw needs is a spark, and it will probably run, so that's where Clint should start in his repair--probably points. The plug checked good. Please feel free to offer him some assistance as he moves forward. I'm backed up on several repairs and cannot get to it. He should have the saw on board before this weekend.

I am sure he would appreciate any other suggestions you have to offer.

Latest posts