I wanna be like Mike!

MacLaren

Jan 9, 2012
Yup, went and got a new rifle myself.
Ordered a Savage FCP-SR. Comed with a 10 round clip and rail. Has s 24" heavy fluted barrel threaded and capped for a suppressor. .308 caliber. Brown digi camo stock. Has both accu stock and trigger. Will also be ordering a Vortex PST Viper 6-24x50 FFP scope to mount onto her. Ill post some pics when she arrives.

komatsuvarna

Jan 10, 2012
South East TN
I had to Google it to know what it was, but WOW. That should be a nice shooter! I really like the AccuTrigger Savage has.

Ya'll making me wanna get mine out and play :).

Reactions: 2 people

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Jan 10, 2012
You need to come on and play. I'm going to try to get a 500 yard target set up on my grandpas farm and then later on a 500 to whatever we can safely shoot.

Reactions: 1 person

MacLaren

Jan 9, 2012
I had to Google it to know what it was, but WOW. That should be a nice shooter! I really like the AccuTrigger Savage has.

Ya'll making me wanna get mine out and play :).
Thanks man, I appreciate that comin from you. But yeah, break out that 243.
Me, you and Mike will have a great time!

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Jan 10, 2012
Durand you got a place to shoot long range?

komatsuvarna

Jan 10, 2012
South East TN
Durand you got a place to shoot long range?
Not really. I used to have a member ship at the local Rod and Gun club, but I let it run out awhile back :(. I need to renew, their longest boards were 300yd and that was plenty me for me. My 243WSSM isn't a target type rifle, but I still had fun plinking at the long range targets.

MacLaren

Jan 9, 2012
I like the 243wssm. I bet its accurate.
Im seeing guys knockin off prarie dogs and mule deer at and over 600 yards.
Is your 243 a Remmy Durand?

komatsuvarna

Jan 10, 2012
South East TN
I like the 243wssm. I bet its accurate.
Im seeing guys knockin off prarie dogs and mule deer at and over 600 yards.
Is your 243 a Remmy Durand?
No, its a Winchester model 70, Ultimate Shadow stainless steel coyote special or something like that :saywhat:.

I sold a 204 Ruger a while back, it was probably funner to shoot than the 243, but I didn't have much use for it other than wasting bullets haha.

MacLaren

Jan 9, 2012
Well, Friday turned out to be a great day. Both rifle and scope were delivered. The rifle of course delivered to an FFL holder. The scope (Vortex PST Viper 6-24x50 ) is really,really nice. I'm starting to think it's actually too much scope for me. However, the reticle is MOA and not MRAD, so, I should be able to learn how to dial it up pretty well.
I must say it has a killer warranty. That being a guaranteed lifetime transferable one. The only qualification for warranty work is to have the scope. Im not sure there is a better warranty on the market.
The rifle (Savage FCP-SR. 308) is lighter than I thought she would be. Which is a pleasant surprise. I will at some point and time get some pics up. I hate to say it, but we accidentally broke our laptop.
So, just bear with me. As for rings, I went with Nightforce Ultra light 30MM rings. I will more than likely add a Harris bi pod and be done with her. Cant wait to get to shoot her. I may very well just record that so y'all can see the gun and scope too. I will be in Atlanta tomorrow and Tuesday. I hope to finally get to fire her this Friday. Oh well, that's the plan. We shall see.
...one more thing, the 20 MOA rail came Friday as well. If anyone knows where to get a Harris bi pod at a good rate, them I'm all ears. Thx!!

Last edited:

MacLaren

Jan 9, 2012
Dude. Since when can you make a post like that and not post pics too???? :wtf:
Lol, I hear ya. Just no way to post pics right now. Its a sweet set up Tom. Ill do a video this Friday and hopefully have it up that night. Im thinkin Southwest ammunition co. for some ammo. I like that all their rounds are hand loaded.

Reactions: 1 person