Iron Mule

Special Ed

Jan 9, 2012
I borrowed an old Gafner Iron Mule from a friend, and I would like to own it. How can I determine the value? It is pretty rough, lots of welds and repairs. Tires are capped, and don't look like they should hold air, but they do. The 3 cylinder Perkins ran for about an hour of use, and lost compression. I have it apart now, overhauling it. The rings and ring lands were shattered from ether use. Had been setting for a few years, had trees growing out of the bed. I can post pictures, Helsel probably knows the machine. :ranting:

R.HELSEL

May 6, 2012
I borrowed an old Gafner Iron Mule from a friend, and I would like to own it. How can I determine the value? It is pretty rough, lots of welds and repairs. Tires are capped, and don't look like they should hold air, but they do. The 3 cylinder Perkins ran for about an hour of use, and lost compression. I have it apart now, overhauling it. The rings and ring lands were shattered from ether use. Had been setting for a few years, had trees growing out of the bed. I can post pictures, Helsel probably knows the machine. :ranting:

Hey I just got back on here... Forgot my password.... Them old mules are a handy piece of equipment. There value has deprecated when the double bunker skidders came out. A 3 cylinder Perkins means that it must be a model 203 Massy Ferguson. Who owned it?¿?