Is this worth it......??

Metals406

346 and 372 spikes coming soon. PM me for details.
Jan 9, 2012
NW Montana
Mmmm, tough to say. A guy can find older diesels in that price range that are closer to 30hp. You're back east though, so it may be different?

The best way to get a smoking deal on tractors is at auction. My brother paid 5k for a Kubota worth every bit of 25k, you just have to be patient and watch.

There are some good tractor sites out there, and are a wealth of info, ya might brows them too.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
Are you looking at this for you parents place? or you own?

A brand new equivalent in a Kubota would be around 12-14K

I'd say it's about a grand over priced, it's an early 70's tractor, and is realistically underpowered to run
that 60" mower. if you're in the market for one I'll keep an eye out.

In this area there are a TON of hobby farmers, I'm talking 20 acres and less and there's a greater demand
than supply of subcompact tractors, so the prices stay high.

Better buy http://rochester.craigslist.org/grd/2980948978.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Metals406

Jan 9, 2012
NW Montana
Cale, what have you heard about those Northern Tool Nortracs? I know they're Chinese and cheap, but I've never seen a review on them from someone that bought one.

They might be decent for the money, but I don't know?

I personally don't like a tractor without a loader on them. The Olympia auction is a good one to get a deal at, and I reckon shipping back east might cost around 8 bills. It would depend on maybe finding someone wanting a deadhead load to take back with them.

I reckon Maine, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and the more farmy parts of NY would be good places to watch for auctions.

Believe it or not, the older Ford 8-9N tractors are pretty decent for small properties, and can be had for a very reasonable price.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
It's for me. I need something to plow with this coming winter and something that will run a deck (nothing smaller than a 54") to help mow at my mom's place for the summer. Something 4x4 would be so awesome. Most diesel's are never any lower then $2k, even for just garden tractors that run nothing more than a belly mower that have 4000+ hours on them.

25+ Hp would be awesome but I'm thinking I'd need something more like $5k+ to find something like that. I don't need something right away, but I'd like to have something by September at the latest.

I should really save up and find something more like what Cale found on CL. That's a badass buy no doubt about it.

Reactions: 1 person

Metals406

Jan 9, 2012
NW Montana
I'll keep mah peepers open for a tractor for ya. :D

Let me know what yer zip is so I can rough figure distances.