Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Jul 10, 2013
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis
Last edited:

Little Al

Dec 17, 2013
Midi Pyrenees FRANCE
I rode the TT & Clubmans TT, & Manx GP`s, also the north west 200, & the rest of the proper road courses in Ireland in the early 1960`s Bikes were nowhere near as quick as now, but the road surfaces were not as good & air fences were way in the future, just the odd straw bale here & there. I had a 250cc Velocette for the lightweight, 350cc & 500cc Manx Nortons for the junior & senior TT`s although the average & top speeds were lower/slower, it was still a buttock clenching experience, as slick tyres & all the fancy compounds were yet to come,the same tyres were used in either wet or dry conditions[ just adjustment of tyre pressures].At that time there was a pub/bar right on a corner,they used to leave the gate open so if you overshot the corner you could go through the Beer garden at the side/rear & hopefully stop in time. Still using some of the old Bikes in the newly re introduced Classic TT, had to stop racing bikes at 65 years old as they would not issue me a racing licence.when I reached 66,can still ride the parades they have at various meetings, mainly in Europe now as I`m resident in France Would do it all over again if I was the right age & could afford it, which I now doubt without sponsorship. It`s a bit of a catch 22 situation now, if you dont have it, you cannot afford the good kit required to get noticed, & if you are not noticed =no sponsorship.In the old days it was a sport, now like many other things it`s a business [ which = no win no kit] much like most other so called sports.

Little Al

Dec 17, 2013
Midi Pyrenees FRANCE
They have been running that race for a long time, Suprisingly very few of those guys die in racing crashes. Back home the worst enemy of the motorcycle is the cell phone.
There have been quite a few deaths in the IOM, & other proper road as opposed to Track races, but over the years they have fortunately got fewer [ increased safety] I have had 3 good mates who lost their lives at the TT & Manx GP, & this year 1 at the Northwest 200, & yesterday a guy riding in the super sport race. I guess that as long as they have guys wanting & willing to ride, what we know as Head Banger races [ Road as opposed to track]there will always be accidents, fatalities, but if it was stopped for safety reasons, same guys would find some other ways to possibly lose their lives [ After all CHAINSAWS can be pretty lethal ]

Little Al

Dec 17, 2013
Midi Pyrenees FRANCE
To add to my last post,the total fatalities in all races + practice on the Snaefel moutain course [current TT course] since the first event [1911 to 2014] is 241 the problem being the unique nature of the course, non, or very little run off, walls, trees, grass/earth banks, etc. it is a non forgiving of mistakes course [ like all of the road as opposed to track courses] to be logical though, nobody forces you to enter & ride it is strictly self inflicted.

Freehand

Bump-Shizzy
Apr 7, 2013
Bitches Be Trippin
This is a 37 miles course around an island These guys are getting air on motorcycles at 180mph.....big brass ones is all I'm saying...

View attachment 10478

View attachment 10479
Don't get me wrong Randy, no sarcasm there. Brass gonads in deed.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9VI5GoacJv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No offense to the Nascar guys, but I'd rather watch a Bathhurst or F1 race anyday..

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OJ2nnEE11UI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Jul 10, 2013
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis
Don't get me wrong Randy, no sarcasm there. Brass gonads in deed.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9VI5GoacJv8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

No offense to the Nascar guys, but I'd rather watch a Bathhurst or F1 race anyday..

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OJ2nnEE11UI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

I didn't take your comment as sarcastic at all, but that TT video sorta defines tunnel vision I will be watching tonight.....

Reactions: 2 people

Little Al

Dec 17, 2013
Midi Pyrenees FRANCE
Sad to see that yet another rider in the superstock race went to the great racetrack in the sky, Karl Harris, good guy knew him from when he first raced as a teenager & Gary Johnson a contender for a win slung it down the road & broke his collor bone, bit of an occupational hazard that though.[ says he having broke my left one 2 times, now plated,& the right one 1 time over the years] more saddening when the guy involved is known to you.

exSW

thinking of old guys’ balls
Oct 8, 2013
Out there
I'm a NASCAR guy, but anytime I see rally car racing, I'm glued to it. Just more pure driving in real conditions.

I think if a major TV network put NASCAR sized production money into one, it'd be amazing to see.
WRC used to get a lot of coverage on Speed.Then it went away.We Americans sometimes think we have the market on big stones,stuff like the isle of man and WRC show it taint necessarily so.

Reactions: 2 people

naked arborist

Jun 23, 2013
Merica kinda... So. Joisey
I'm a NASCAR guy, but anytime I see rally car racing, I'm glued to it. Just more pure driving in real conditions.

I think if a major TV network put NASCAR sized production money into one, it'd be amazing to see.
Boris Said has to be one of the best overall sports car racing drivers on the planet.

I like TT races. You better bring your brass balls and have your ass screwed on tight. Isle of Mann is like climbing removals, one mistake and you will pay the piper. So glad to see ✖✖✖✖ting your pants and the possibility of getting splattered still exist in motor sports!

Definitely racing for pure adrenaline addicted junkies :rock2::rock2::rock2:

Team Big Nutz

Last edited: