Quantcast
  • If you are having problems logging in please use the CONTACT US in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jonsered CS 2171 NOT recommended for firewood

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Who'da thunk this gem wouldn't be recommended for firewood cutting??? By the manufacturer even! What a piece of crap, everybody sell your 2171 now if using it for firewood. Those hunks of scrap metal can't cut firewood, hell I'll give $50 for one. $75 if it's super clean.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Who'da thunk this gem wouldn't be recommended for firewood cutting??? By the manufacturer even! What a piece of crap, everybody sell your 2171 now if using it for firewood. Those hunks of scrap metal can't cut firewood, hell I'll give $50 for one. $75 if it's super clean.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but there is no such thing as a professional firewood guy. The only professionals that use chainsaws are West Coast loggers and the guys that are on TV in the Stihl Timbersports Series. Other than that everyone are hacks, I read it on the internets.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I was not aware :( So you mean the only professionals are the ones with 3 handlebars on their saws so they can use them forwards, backwards, and upside down? And the extra super big teeths on the front so they can still cut even with a dull chain?

Dammit I am just a hack afterall :dunno:

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Reaction score
I was not aware :( So you mean the only professionals are the ones with 3 handlebars on their saws so they can use them forwards, backwards, and upside down? And the extra super big teeths on the front so they can still cut even with a dull chain?

Dammit I am just a hack afterall :dunno:

Bingo.

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Reaction score
manufacturer has it right ....key word ..occasional use .... once you own a 2171 you end up cutting every thing in sight ...thats not occasional !!!!!:cool::cool:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
And what do they mean by fulltime forestry use? Like pitch a tent and live in the woods? Cut all the woods down then move your tent to more woods? Then repeat? Or, never shut the motor off, just refuel while it's running and keep on cutting - that kind of full time?

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I wasn't aware you could define cutting wood for fire in different ways?

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
What kind of user are you? I was defined as hack earlier. Which I have to say is quite accurate.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Reaction score
This one here occasionally will cut wood according to the website

I've got a tree service replacing their MS180's with 2238's since we can't get 180's without the "easy start" rewinds
anymore here.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
This one here occasionally will cut wood according to the website

I've got a tree service replacing their MS180's with 2238's since we can't get 180's without the "easy start" rewinds
anymore here.

I occasionally cut wood also.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
What's a back cut? When I walk around the tree its like they're all front cuts :banana: