Jonsereds for Spike60

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Rather than try to stuff a bunch of pics in a PM I figured I'd just start this thread instead so we can all enjoy this little (not really) slice of Jonsered muscle.

From what I can tell, it's a Jonny 910. With a bad coil, or perhaps a coil in need of repair. Not sure I want to solder anything to this or see if I can find another coil setup. Rather than have the separate module mounted at a second location on the crankcase they decided to make this one a part of the spark plug boot. Interesting to say the least.

She blew a 150 on the breathalizer test. The intake boot is clamped on via ziptie. The decompression valve is very gummy, and certainly doesn't have a distinct pop like the new ones.

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
And I guess from what I gather, it's a 910E. There was a 910E and a 910EV, and the only thing I come up with is the EV is a heated grip model. This also, as you can see, is a full wrap model.

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
Almost impossible to locate one of those coil-on-plug modules. Might as well get out the soldering gun and hope for the best. The primary coil is the same as used on the 920/930 and 288 Husky, and is still available. (Through Husky at least). The later style secondary module would do the job, but you'd have to find a place to mount it in there as the 910 case is obviously not tapped for it. Also, if the wires are junk, the kill (blue) and trigger (red) wires from a 288 should work fine.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I barely have stubs on the coil and the trigger to work with, and I'm not sure where any other wires should be or go other than the kill switch. I would imagine that's all there is. Definitely need someone who knows to take a look at this thing tomorrow :lol:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Alright Bob, I got it all fabbed up and she sure is a beast. Here are some pictures of the work. I put the trigger on the right side of the air filter, made a couple brackets for easier routing of wires and stuff. To try it on the left side where it had a couple of bumps in the case already drilled and tapped didn't leave me with a good feeling about it. She's loud, and quite angry.

All you see from the outside that may look different

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
Oh man, had an 8pin on her. She ain't the fastest but there ain't no slowing her down!!! Torque out the wazoo man.
Yeah, the old 900's really pull pretty good. Let a friend try one a couple weeks ago on his log pile. He set it down mid-bar and it surprised him and pulled him and the saw into the log.

Nice clean job fitting that secondary coil in there. Looks just like it was supposed to be in that spot.

Great that you were able to save that saw for the customer. The average shop would just say "sorry, parts are NLA". There are several instances like this where parts that were common to Jonny and Husky models are NLA from Jonsered, yet still available from Husky.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Well to be honest without you guys, I'd have been another NLA shop :lol: so my thanks be to you for sharing your knowledge!!! I didn't charge the full labor, was more of a personal satisfaction type of job.

Reactions: 2 people