Mac 610

homelitejim

Reaction score
Keep an eye at your local scrap yard. I pass on many 610's unless they are pristeen. If I ever need one that is where I go.

cat-face timber

Recycled Tampon. Just wring 'em out.
Reaction score
Keep an eye at your local scrap yard. I pass on many 610's unless they are pristeen. If I ever need one that is where I go.

Here the scrap yard, where I take my empty beer and soda cans for saw money, you can take stuff but never buy stuff.
I asked one time to buy a bin of Stihl parts, which I would never use, but some of you guys would and I could trade for something.
Anyways, they acted like I was asking to take their teen age daughter out to the drive in.

WTF!

:(:(:(:ahah::ahah::ahah::(:(:(

homelitejim

Reaction score
Nice looking 272XP you have there!
:bananabat::bananabat::bananabat:

I really like my Mac 610..

Runs great, super easy to start, H Cylinder, great sound...

Have 2 parts saws, hopefully Mac made alot of them, so I can find a few more parts saws.

I am knows to be a strange guy though, my likes and dislikes have always been different than the norm, whatever the hell Normal is.
Thanks. I just had it gone through, new bearings and seals, new ring, woods ported, and some new hardware. Cant wait to break it in.

Genius

The Brink of Destruction
Reaction score
Counter with a parts 023 and some pocket lint.........

I recognized the number, he's a wheeler dealer from the Detroit area. He thinks he can get Redding prices for all his stuff.

I called him years ago when I was looking for a saw, I forget what it was or the price, but I had to call to see if it was a joke or not, he wasn't joking.....

From what I've seem of his CL adds and talking to him that time, I'm surprised he didn't ask for a running 064 to trade him.

Wood Doctor

Reaction score
I was just offered a "antique 605 Mac" from a guy on CL and a Homelite XL for $300 each or $175 a piece. Or he's looking for a 064 parts saw if I had one.
My 605 Mac runs about the same as the 610 and with the same power. Strong and dependable. I cannot kill either one.

cat-face timber

Recycled Tampon. Just wring 'em out.
Reaction score
My 605 Mac runs about the same as the 610 and with the same power. Strong and dependable. I cannot kill either one.

I do not have anything to compare my Mac 610 to, but everytime I want to start her, she starts.

Granted she is no Husky 288XP or 385XP, but she does have a place in my CAD.

:cheers:

Modifiedmark

Reaction score
I do not have anything to compare my Mac 610 to, but everytime I want to start her, she starts.

And thats fine!

Not everyone gets to take the prom queen to the dance.

Wood Doctor

Reaction score

She is also not a Stihl MS361, but she has more power. She is also not a Stihl 046, but she has given me far fewer problems. I think the Stihl 038 was the first Stihl saw that finally outperformed the Mac 610. It only took Stihl about 18 years to do it.

Sprintcar

mf'er on the other site
Reaction score
Foe Sale.

McCulloch 605, 610, 6fitty, $250.00 each or all three for $100.00. Your choice, or swap for blowed up Steal or Husky basket cases or NOS Poulan Pro 655BP or 475, 505.

Happy New Year.

Need to put that on CL.

homelitejim

Reaction score

Finally got some shop time.[emoji6] the 610 starts easy and rev's up nice in the shop, I only have a 24" bar and chain at the moment, I have longer bars but need a chain.
Now I need a chunk of wood, hoping to get some this weekend.

Wood Doctor

Reaction score
Ever notice that the only thing wrong with a Mac 610 is that it might be a little heavy? And, Stihl owners who paid two or three times as much money for the same power do nothing but make fun of them.

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion. :bananasplit:

Yep.............and it's the right one.:laughing:

I ain't no Stihl owner..............and there's more wrong with the 610's than the fact that they might be a little heavy. Of course, I wasn't making fun of them in the first place.:smoking:

Last edited:

heimannm

Reaction score
Amazing how much mileage you can get from a bad saw thread.

As others have noted elsewhere, a lot of people have put up a lot of firewood with a saw they didn't realize had so much wrong with it.

Mark

Latest posts