Mac 610

Modifiedmark

Reaction score
Yes skip. Yes sharp. Only 60cc's and a homeowner saw, not some $600-$700 pro saw. Is it a bit heavy? Yes but so is the ms310 and husky 460. For what it is it's not a bad performing saw.

No Jim a 310 is not heavy compared to that 610, PERIOD. They weigh right at 2 1/2 lbs less. Come off the BS now. Not a few ounces less, right at 2 1/2 lbs less.

Yeah so what, sharp skip chain and soft wood, you made a cut with it. It didn't impress me, any time you got into it, it started to bog and you got off it just to keep it up.

Like I said before, I owned em also. You can have your opinion just as well as I can have mine but keep it real.

echoshawn

Reaction score
Mark,
I highly respect you and your opinion. And Jim is my friend, but that has little weight on what I'm about to say.
I think he proved his point pretty well. Heavy, old, and slow? Sure. But that was a $5 scrapyard saw. I held it in my hands. It didn't feel overly heavy for the vintage.
You guys won't agree on this, and that's fine.
Fact is, $5 saw, minimal work to make it run. Not everyone has CAD. It'd make someone a good , cheap firewood saw.

Sent from right here

Modifiedmark

Reaction score
Mark,
I highly respect you and your opinion. And Jim is my friend, but that has little weight on what I'm about to say.
I think he proved his point pretty well. Heavy, old, and slow? Sure. But that was a $5 scrapyard saw. I held it in my hands. It didn't feel overly heavy for the vintage.
You guys won't agree on this, and that's fine.
Fact is, $5 saw, minimal work to make it run. Not everyone has CAD. It'd make someone a good , cheap firewood saw.

Sent from right here

Thats ok Shawn, like I said we can all have our own opinions. Just make sure that it is known it is a opinion.

$5 scrapyard saw, so what we have all done those before...

homelitejim

Reaction score
Anyway I had a good time building and running the saw, I also enjoyed ruffling a few feathers. I know the 610 will never be as light as a majority of 60cc saws but it will pull and oil a 28 better than most expect. I think I actually paid $6 for the saw and probably .60 cents for fuel line but that's not really important. Tomorrow it will be drained and placed on a shelf for future entertainment. Thanks to everyone who participated it was a hoot.

8433jeff

Capt. Sunshine
Reaction score
A 28 in full skip should have a few more cutters than an 18 full comp, not as many as a 20. 18 is the wheelhouse size for these saws, not many sold with less than a 20, which is very doable if kept sharp.

Don't remember anyone saying skip in 28, but nobody specified full comp.

Touché.

Latest posts