McCulloch Carburetors

RandyMac

Stiff Member
Reaction score
Nice Randy, a front tank flat back with no idle speed governor and a 9/16" gear drive sprocket.

I failed to mention earlier, the H and L settings for the flat back carburetors while similar to the Tillotson, are not exactly the same.

I generally start with the L 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 turn open and make a fine adjustment from there.

The H should start with 1 turn open and generally ends up between 3/4 and 1 turn open. In my experience, it is rare for the H to be adjusted more than 1 turn open. Just thought I should include that information.

Mark

That carb came off a 250, it has a chromed bottom plate.

Brian13

Reaction score
Great thread Mark. I happen to like the flatbacks myself, particularly the primer ones when they work right. Was I understanding you correctly when you said the rubber seat that sits on top of the ball and spring is the same as a tilloston hl needle seat? Fueled up the 797 this weekend only to find it hemorrhaging fuel out the carb by the primer. I must have been in a hurry last time I had it apart, because that rubber piece was folded over and out of shape. Not sure if its salvageable yet.

rocketnorton

Raisin Hater
Reaction score
got flatback w/primer on 790 few days ago. cant find # anywhere on body. think all is ok 'cept metering diaphragm. don't wanna try & find wrong one.

any ideas? got it all soakin in fresh mix for now. gov looked disabled, but all there.

tia

btw, first time ive seen sh come up on google search

Majorpayne

Captain Cauliflower ! Scourge of Godless Heathens
Reaction score
got flatback w/primer on 790 few days ago. cant find # anywhere on body. think all is ok 'cept metering diaphragm. don't wanna try & find wrong one.

any ideas? got it all soakin in fresh mix for now. gov looked disabled, but all there.

tia

What were you searing for?

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Reaction score

tia

It was a software setting, before. With the old software we didn't allow the search engine bots.

Nixon

Renfrew > Boyers
Reaction score
scs search brings up fb [not wantin to go there again] , & amazon links. know anything direct to him?
got cc scammed on amazon couple wk ago, so lil leery.
it did get straightened out, btw.
Chainsawr.com sells them . I’ve ordered 3 sets through them . But, I don’t know if they be able to address carb compatibility .
I believe the owner of SCS ‘s name is Joe Salva . You may be able to get a good contact # from the house of homelite forum . Not much to go on ,but that’s about all I have as far as info .

DSS

Steps right, throws right. Swings both ways.
Reaction score
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn is a midget
Chainsawr.com sells them . I’ve ordered 3 sets through them . But, I don’t know if they be able to address carb compatibility .
I believe the owner of SCS ‘s name is Joe Salva . You may be able to get a good contact # from the house of homelite forum . Not much to go on ,but that’s about all I have as far as info .
Yup, HOH or Joe is on my FB if that's any help Pete

Majorpayne

Captain Cauliflower ! Scourge of Godless Heathens
Reaction score
just looked @ chainsawr. cant do anything til get new cc. meantime, got old ones soakin. dunno if metering one will work tho. no holes, just stiff/wrinkled. rest of it looks ok.
looks like "mac 9" is carb model #.
thx.
I read once upon a time that soaking in brake fluid 3 or 4 days would rejuvenate them, sometimes.

Latest posts