Mechanical pencil repair shop

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
My 9 year old son has started a mechanical repair shop at school. He has a rather large collection of random parts. Kids bring them their broken pencils. He searches for the right parts and fixes them. If the owner does not want the pencil back he will trade the newly fixed pencil for other items that he wants. Does this sound like a wiggz jr. or what. Lol.

Reactions: 7 people

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
That is awesome and quite the enterprise for the young lad :)

It reminds me of my days as a peddler in school. We used to go to Sam's Club when I was a kid, and I would buy boxes of candy bars. Then during school I would sell the candy bars for $1 each. There were usually what, 20-25 bars per box? And I think the boxes cost around $12 to buy. Pretty soon I was the candy man :) That didn't last long, apparently "the man" didn't like the fact that I was running an illegitimate business in the hallways and during lunch :thumbsdown:

Reactions: 4 people

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
Dylan would be all about that. Lol. I should look into buying pencils in bulk lol. We had to ground him bc he kept getting in trouble. Always playing with pencils. That's when he explained what he was doing. Jer was rather proud. But he's still grounded from them this week. He just brought another broken one home today :)

Reactions: 3 people

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Better be careful, the current school system frowns upon entrepreneurial behaviour. After the big lemonade stand crack down, you have to watch yer back.

Reactions: 5 people

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Jan 10, 2012
Kids thinking for their selves and wanting to work for something is probably not fitting in to the work the system plan they got going on. :wtf:

Sounds like he's got it going on for himself. Next thing you know he'll be bringing home dead saws to work on trading his pencils for them. :clap:

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
Kids thinking for their selves and wanting to work for something is probably not fitting in to the work the system plan they got going on. :wtf:

Sounds like he's got it going on for himself. Next thing you know he'll be bringing home dead saws to work on trading his pencils for them. :clap:
Knowing that he has Jeremy's DNA in him, he'll trade his way up from mechanical pencils to a dirtbike project.

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
Apparently there is a modified pencil called a "shooter". Boys in the school are collecting the shooters. Dylan seems to be quite the builder of these modified pencils.

Reactions: 4 people