My 346 is no longer an XP

the westspartan

Jan 12, 2012
While I was cutting the other day in the burning hot mid-day sun, my XP sticker slid off of my 346 while I was cutting. As I shut the saw off I looked down in horror. I scrambled to find the missing sticker but it was nowhere. I started the saw up and it felt slower and seam to bog down in the cut a little more. I looked over and saw some tree crew guys taking a break by their truck. They smirked and laughed and it sounded like they said "Home-Owner" as they looked at my stickerless saw. I said "its a pro saw saw, the sticker just fell off". The big one said "whatever" and then they revved up a beat up old 026Pro that still had its metal tag secured firmly in place. I put my 346 back in my car and mumbled "stupid saw". When I got home I thought about writing XP on the filter cover with a sharpie, but I knew it would look fake and people wouldn't believe me. I thought about getting some silver and some black puffy paint and remaking the badge but it doesn't seem like I could get it as shiny as the original. Should I just trash this saw or is there some way to make it fast again? I'm open to just about anything. I find my self using my 441 MAGNUM to gut 3 inch diameter wood instead of the 346 just because the Stihl looks "pro".

Reactions: 6 people

the westspartan

Jan 12, 2012
Nope, it's junk now. Might as well dig a hole and bury it deep.

That's what I was afraid of! The guy at sears said their new Craftsman 2050 or 5520, I forget what it was called is the same saw in craftsman colors. He kept saying "it has Husky guts, they are made at the same place". If only I could get an XP sticker for that one!

rburg

May 1, 2012
TN
If you could get a Mastermind sticker or a stump broke sticker to put on your saw, your saw would probably gain at least 1 or 2 hp.

Reactions: 1 person

J.Walker

Jan 17, 2012
While I was cutting the other day in the burning hot mid-day sun, my XP sticker slid off of my 346 while I was cutting. As I shut the saw off I looked down in horror. I scrambled to find the missing sticker but it was nowhere. I started the saw up and it felt slower and seam to bog down in the cut a little more. I looked over and saw some tree crew guys taking a break by their truck. They smirked and laughed and it sounded like they said "Home-Owner" as they looked at my stickerless saw. I said "its a pro saw saw, the sticker just fell off". The big one said "whatever" and then they revved up a beat up old 026Pro that still had its metal tag secured firmly in place. I put my 346 back in my car and mumbled "stupid saw". When I got home I thought about writing XP on the filter cover with a sharpie, but I knew it would look fake and people wouldn't believe me. I thought about getting some silver and some black puffy paint and remaking the badge but it doesn't seem like I could get it as shiny as the original. Should I just trash this saw or is there some way to make it fast again? I'm open to just about anything. I find my self using my 441 MAGNUM to gut 3 inch diameter wood instead of the 346 just because the Stihl looks "pro".

Just bring your 346xp over to my place.

I will trade you a new XP sticker for your 441 MAGNUM.

Reactions: 2 people

Sunfish

Jan 10, 2012
My old 346xp never had a XP sticker...

It's just laughs at the new stickers. :laughing:

the westspartan

Jan 12, 2012
My old 346xp never had a XP sticker...

It's just laughs at the new stickers. :laughing:

But that was long before Husqvarna developed their new puffy sticker technology. Now that it exists it is hard to go back. I have passed on a couple nice used 372s because they lacked the puffy sticker technology. The only thing better than the puffy sticker development is the new ultra high performance metallic grey paint that they liberally use in the 562xp and the 550xp and others. Since I have run the 562 demo saw I don't think I could buy an all orange saw...how could I, knowing what we know now?

Cut4fun

May 9, 2012
chainsawrepair.createaforum.com
Just got to love the high speed silver. Yeah the word tacky comes to mind after some use. :rofl: Looks better now in the worn orange I put on it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

the westspartan

Jan 12, 2012
How is it that Huskys look so slick when they are new and then one day you go to the shed to grab your saw and it looks like hell? I swear I don't remember mine getting beat up like that, but it sure was! Its like there is a timer on the paint and one day it goes dull and faded and stickers start falling off! LOL

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
Gotta admit, this was a funny thread... I laughed my ass off...:thumbsup:

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
You always have to put Stihl parts on Husky's to make them run worth a damn anyway.

All of my Husky's always end up "Magnums".

Last edited:

Sunfish

Jan 10, 2012
Blood, put an XP sticker on a Stihl and look out man!!! :bananacape:

Niko, I did put one of the new XP sticker on both my old 346 and 357 and I swear it made a difference. :eek3:

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
You always have to put Stihl parts on Husky's to make them run worth a damn anyway.

All of my Husky's always end up "Magnums".

Not only that, but you have to put Husky parts in a Stihl to make it a decent runner. :rock:

Reactions: 2 people