Quantcast

My latest experience

truckdoc

Reaction score
So since pretty well all of us appreciate horsepower both great and small, I figured I'd share my experience with saws. My78cc sachs-dolmar went tits up due to an ingested carburetor screw, so I was left in pickle needing another saw, and all my local husky dealers were waaaaay to high on price for the 576XP or 395XP that I wanted, I broke down and went to the stihl dealer to check out what they had, for a little background, my most favorite saw of all time was my stihl 056 magnum II with my 048 super bringing a close second, I still have those saws, but they're in boxes because I can't get parts for them anymore, and I've never owned a stihl since because i just feel like the quality of the their saws has gone down over the past 15 years or so. Back to yesterday, I liked the price of the saws they had and was having a reeeeeeealy hard time deciding between the MS391 and the MS311, the MS441 was too much money so I eliminated that some right off. After $587.37 I became the proud owner of an MS391 and we set off for the woods. First impressions were good, the power and torque are good for a 64.1cc engine, balance is excellent, and weight was considerably lighter than my 372XP husqvarna, but its got probably half the power my sachs-dolmar did, but overall I'm very happy with it because its an easy saw to handle and it doesn't wear my ass out halfway through the day. The more time I get on it I'm sure I'll be well satisfied with my money spent, and after I port it and do the muffler mod it should run like my 372 did when it was stock haha.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Why do your saws get stuck halfway through a cut?

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Can't say as though I've ever done that before.......

Oh wait, I have :cucumber:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Good first impressions on a new saw are always good, typically means it's only going to get better :)

truckdoc

Reaction score
I miss my 056 and my sachs-dolmar, but maybe there will be some bigger saws in my future :-)

truckdoc

Reaction score
I cant seem to track down the parts, its an old saw and top end kits are hard to find from what my local dollar dealer has told me