My latest experience

truckdoc

Apr 20, 2012
So since pretty well all of us appreciate horsepower both great and small, I figured I'd share my experience with saws. My78cc sachs-dolmar went tits up due to an ingested carburetor screw, so I was left in pickle needing another saw, and all my local husky dealers were waaaaay to high on price for the 576XP or 395XP that I wanted, I broke down and went to the stihl dealer to check out what they had, for a little background, my most favorite saw of all time was my stihl 056 magnum II with my 048 super bringing a close second, I still have those saws, but they're in boxes because I can't get parts for them anymore, and I've never owned a stihl since because i just feel like the quality of the their saws has gone down over the past 15 years or so. Back to yesterday, I liked the price of the saws they had and was having a reeeeeeealy hard time deciding between the MS391 and the MS311, the MS441 was too much money so I eliminated that some right off. After $587.37 I became the proud owner of an MS391 and we set off for the woods. First impressions were good, the power and torque are good for a 64.1cc engine, balance is excellent, and weight was considerably lighter than my 372XP husqvarna, but its got probably half the power my sachs-dolmar did, but overall I'm very happy with it because its an easy saw to handle and it doesn't wear my ass out halfway through the day. The more time I get on it I'm sure I'll be well satisfied with my money spent, and after I port it and do the muffler mod it should run like my 372 did when it was stock haha.

Reactions: 1 person

truckdoc

Apr 20, 2012
I miss my 056 and my sachs-dolmar, but maybe there will be some bigger saws in my future :-)

truckdoc

Apr 20, 2012
I cant seem to track down the parts, its an old saw and top end kits are hard to find from what my local dollar dealer has told me