Quantcast

Need to get the 660 ported

Chity_Avatar

Mows his grass in 8 minutes.
Reaction score
I was informed today that a local guy has a ported 395 and thinks it's the king ✖✖✖✖ of turd mountain. I don't recall who did the work but another member on here might chime in and answer that question. I use my 660 to mill and can't afford to have it take a dump in a slab so should I get it ported by monkeytits, spank the 395 and return it to the mill or am I asking for trouble?

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Reaction score
I was informed today that a local guy has a ported 395 and thinks it's the king ✖✖✖✖ of turd mountain. I don't recall who did the work but another member on here might chime in and answer that question. I use my 660 to mill and can't afford to have it take a dump in a slab so should I get it ported by monkeytits, spank the 395 and return it to the mill or am I asking for trouble?

If it's a good 395, I don't think a good 660 will keep up with it. That's assuming the same chain. Lots to be gained in a chain.

:farkyou:

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Reaction score
Well if he's got a real runner in the 395 you'll be lucky to stay close with a 660. Find an older non decomp cylinder for the 660 and you'll have a better chance.

spencerpaving

Reaction score
Did you run the smittybilt 660 of Josh's at Cuttin Scotts?

Chity_Avatar

Reaction score
Did you run the smittybilt 660 of Josh's at Cuttin Scotts?

I didn't. I don't run other peoples saws that I can't afford to replace. The 660 I have now was down there and I ran it but now I do own it. I also tried to run and buy a certain Deere 66v that was there but the ******* won't sell it now.

Chity_Avatar

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd find somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about if I was you.

You and him would probably get along just fine.

Had a couple of heifers that didn't make it through the day today. I thought of you right before I put a 230gr Hornady XTP through the back of their head.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
LOL everybody all in arms about which saw is faster/stronger. They're both pretty damn good. Some are better than others. Anybody owning a decent 660/395 should be happy it runs better than stock.

spencerpaving

Reaction score
You could put a 346 top end on it and it would be the greatest saw of all time!!!lol:rock:

Dan in WI

Trades chicken for favors
Reaction score
Sounds like I need to find a different person to port it.

Yeah, I'd find somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about if I was you.

You and him would probably get along just fine.

I know this one guy who can make it 40% more powerful......

Last edited:

Latest posts