Neighbor Gave Me His Old Log Splitter, Big Game Engine Hunting Now.........

Freehand

Bump-Shizzy
Apr 7, 2013
Bitches Be Trippin
Definitely not looking to rebuild the ol POS Briggs currently residing on this venerable off brand 22 ton splitter. The 4.5 HP Briggs has a funky carb/tank set up I've never seen before where the carb bolts directly to said tank, with a sump pickup hardline that is prone to clogging, and no bowl. Couple that with a split NLA tank seam means this ol boy is gonna stomp that bitch under foot and git a new one......

Hazzard Fraught clone? Real mc'coy Honda? GFmyself? Your thoughts gentleman......

dieselfitter

Aspiring impressionist
Oct 12, 2013
Hugo, MN
http://www.smallenginedistributors.net/guide.html
I don't know if they will sell to the public. Not the best website. They have an old school catalog that is much better. I suspect they have a low threshold of tolerance of bs. I've had no problems in my dealings with them. They seem to have the best prices listed in their catalog. They had some surplus Tecumseh engines real cheap. I bought a few more than I needed, used them up long ago.

Freehand

Bump-Shizzy
Apr 7, 2013
Bitches Be Trippin
That 6.5 clone has been on a buddies tiller for 4 years now and it's running very good still. He bought the $99 one from Harbor freight
Been hearing this a lot........saw some guys saying that Honda is actually licensing the gx line to the chinese.....

Put one of them Predator engines on it and be done.
Ya, fer 99$ with coupon how could you lose....

http://www.smallenginedistributors.net/guide.html
I don't know if they will sell to the public. Not the best website. They have an old school catalog that is much better. I suspect they have a low threshold of tolerance of bs. I've had no problems in my dealings with them. They seem to have the best prices listed in their catalog. They had some surplus Tecumseh engines real cheap. I bought a few more than I needed, used them up long ago.
I'll comb through that, thanks bawse.

Only vile filthy commies would buy a HF engine.
It's all commie junk now, haven't you heard?:bananamu:

Just found this on the ol CL......
https://fayar.craigslist.org/tls/6110540939.html

Last edited:

roberte

little man
Sep 30, 2013
Definitely not looking to rebuild the ol POS Briggs currently residing on this venerable off brand 22 ton splitter. The 4.5 HP Briggs has a funky carb/tank set up I've never seen before where the carb bolts directly to said tank, with a sump pickup hardline that is prone to clogging, and no bowl. Couple that with a split NLA tank seam means this ol boy is gonna stomp that bitch under foot and git a new one......

Hazzard Fraught clone? Real mc'coy Honda? GFmyself? Your thoughts gentleman......

option 3

bubmiller

Feb 4, 2014

+1 for harbor freight predator. Just got my second one. Starts first pull, runs smoother and quieter than any honda I've ever run.
First one is running strong at 2 years so the jury is still out on longevity.

Out in Amish SAMSUNG-SM-J320A Smokin' big ol doinks

cat-face timber

Recycled Tampon. Just wring 'em out.
Jun 25, 2014
Northern Arizona
I have a old Troy Built Chipper, that my dad bought in the late 80s, it has a Tecumseh engine on it, when it dies I will just go with the HF big one.
I do not think you can go wrong.

cat-face timber

Recycled Tampon. Just wring 'em out.
Jun 25, 2014
Northern Arizona

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Jan 13, 2012
Uranus...
Ckelp Dave recently got a replacement Honda application carb from Huztl for something like $3.86 (plus the shipping). It's a decent looking copy that'll probably work fine. I can't even fathom how they can make and sell those for that cheap. Boggles the mind....