New 2013 BMW M6

Kevin

Feb 7, 2012
Love the BMW's - Had a 1985 325e I drove up till four years ago. I sold it for the same I paid for it five years prior, except it had 325,000 miles! Still ran like a top though. Now my commuter is a 1996 328i, it has 260,000 on it now.
They are good cars hands down....do nml mtc and put gas in it.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
BMW makes some sweet performing stuff, but the first glance at the front made me think Mitsubishi Eclipse at and angle and Benz straight on, and the rear make me think Infiniti something.

No denying the performance though :D

Last edited:

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
BMW makes some sweet performing stuff, but the first glance at the front made me think Mitsubishi Eclipse at and angle and Benz straight on, and the rear make me think Infiniti something.

No denying the performance though :D
From the reviews I've seen of the M6 it's a badass car, but it's an engineers
wet dream, full of all sorts of technology but extremely complicated to get in and drive.

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
From the reviews I've seen of the M6 it's a badass car, but it's an engineers
wet dream, full of all sorts of technology but extremely complicated to get in and drive.
You can't just sit down, put in/turn the key/push the button, and drive? Well that kinda turns me off. I love all the gadgetry and buttons and all that cool stuff, but if ya can't just hop in and go then that's no fun.

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
Too many annoying gadgets in all vehicles now, and BMW was the leader of sorts with Idrive. Going through a menu just to turn on the radio, waiting for an automatic rear door to open that takes 4 times as long as a manual door.

But I understand that people mainline on all this techie stuff these days. I really get a kick out of the phone commercials with this "you're only as good as your phone" and you're 17 seconds behind your buddy crap.

I heard today that they're coming out with a phone that's super advanced, but you don't actually buy it. You go down to the store and exchange yourself for the phone, and the phone actually replaces you for the rest of what would have been your life. It takes your place at work, drives your truck, sleeps with your wife. Everything.

UnheardWar

Jan 10, 2012
You can't just sit down, put in/turn the key/push the button, and drive? Well that kinda turns me off. I love all the gadgetry and buttons and all that cool stuff, but if ya can't just hop in and go then that's no fun.
I have a 2004 325xi, and it's got the beginnings of all this crazy tech that's in the new ones. Once you get to know the car, it is pretty automatic. The cabin vents are 100% auto, you just set the desired temp and it maintains it, the windshield wipers are automatic, the headlights, the seats have memory buttons. The air circulation is even automatic, as it'll stop using fresh air if it detects the air is dirty (like behind a tractor trailer). Once you know what it all does, it's a beeze. But if I let someone else drive it, I feel like I have to teach a beginners course on basic operation.

I let a coworker borrow it for a day, and I had to sit her down in the drivers seat and show her all the stuff, and she's like WHAT THE HELL I JUST WANNA DRIVE.

HEAVYFUEL

Jan 10, 2012
Too many annoying gadgets in all vehicles now, and BMW was the leader of sorts with Idrive. Going through a menu just to turn on the radio, waiting for an automatic rear door to open that takes 4 times as long as a manual door.

But I understand that people mainline on all this techie stuff these days. I really get a kick out of the phone commercials with this "you're only as good as your phone" and you're 17 seconds behind your buddy crap.

I heard today that they're coming out with a phone that's super advanced, but you don't actually buy it. You go down to the store and exchange yourself for the phone, and the phone actually replaces you for the rest of what would have been your life. It takes your place at work, drives your truck, sleeps with your wife. Everything.
I'm with you spike, the simpler the better for most of this stuff. Less to go wrong.