New Colorado / Canyon

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Early news, more to come. Looking like it's gonna be a 2014/2015 release.....

http://wot.motortrend.com/confirmed...vrolet-colorado-at-missouri-plant-264027.html

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Wow. Way to make it look like a equinox. Not much of the midsize/compact truck market personally. I'd like to see some specs on them before I make complete judgement but I think they're rather hideous. And the older style I drove 6ish years ago was very lacking IMO.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
The 5.3 has been available since early 08.......you HAVE to drive one! Hit 4x4 and gun it. 26 MPG also.

Excited to mod these, was early talk that they would have a one piece cab and box. Supposedly, GM axed that due to the us market classifying them as an suv. Making the registration higher and IRS tax write off policy void for small business.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I just felt so cramped and for the $$$ may as well get full sized. I use the physical size of the truck more and it's more comfortable to tow even lighter trailers with as the wheelbase and weight of the truck add to stability.

But I think it would be a really fun truck to drive with that v8 in there.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
I'm a big fan of the small / mid size trucks for sure - don't really know why but I've always like the concept of dynamite coming in a small package. :)

Though the new 'Rado/Canyon does look WAY too much like an Equinox like Tom said. I don't know what the hell GM was thinking with that - those trucks look pretty badass already, there's no reason to pretty them up and make them looks less ballsy and less tough - what a fark up on their end. Gotta tip my hat to Ford once again for (always IMO) having better designs....

As much as I love small trucks though it's pretty disappointing that Ford put the keibash on the Ranger, and they have no plans to redesign it or bring in a newly designed midsized truck. The Ranger in Australia is SICK. I'd LOVE to have that here. Ford addressed the 'future' of their 'small truck' market in America and they basically said the new Ranger is the F-150 with the new line of V6's. Sucks...

But back on subject with GM - I'm not impressed with the looks of the Equi - er I mean the Colorado. There's always a chance it may grow on me one day (as with everything else) but for now I think the design blows and they really need to hire some decent designers and get back to the drawing boards.... :facepalm: :thumbsdown: :meh:

Reactions: 1 person