Quantcast
  • If you are having problems logging in please use the CONTACT US in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Computer

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
Sweet!

You already running Windows 7...?? I think you'll like it quite a bit if not. I'm not a fan of Windows 8 - I was hoping for something good but I really have no clue where they came up with the ideas for that POS. :thumbsdown:

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Reaction score
Leo Laporte was saying that Windows 8 was intended more for a tablet style interface rather than a desktop PC.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
Indeed it is my friend!

All the main OS's are slowly (but surely) making the changeover to a hands on / tablet UI.

I just completely despise Microsoft's "panel" UI. May work for some, but I can't stand it. Even the UI on the Xbox is somewhat similar with it's square panels all over the place - I'm not impressed and wisdh they'd come up with something new. The current UI is ✖✖✖✖ing terrible IMO.

Majorpayne

Captain Cauliflower ! Scourge of Godless Heathens
Reaction score
Sweet!

You already running Windows 7...?? I think you'll like it quite a bit if not. I'm not a fan of Windows 8 - I was hoping for something good but I really have no clue where they came up with the ideas for that POS. :thumbsdown:
I have Vista now. I have a 5 year old Gateway that is getting real slow and I was wanting to go to 7 so I bought this instead of throwing money at the old one.