Nexus 4 ships soon.

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Awesome! I want one but had just ordered a new phone when announced. Which carrier do you have? The HSPA is pulling down 6-11 mbs in my area.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
AT&T

I almost bought a Note 2 a couple months ago. Been pretty bored with the Note and I only bought it last February. The scratched plastic camera lens drives me insane though. Been on the fence on getting a new phone and I finally pulled the trigger. In 9 months I'll prolly get the 5th gen, lol.

It ships in 1-2 weeks. I'm glad I was even able to place an order! Usually it always says "out of stock" or "not available" and you can't reserve or place an order at all. Got the 16gb model. :thumbsup:

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Cool.

All of the Nexus line is OTG compatible for gaming or typing. I use a wireless PS3 controller to play games on my 7 and occasionally a keyboard for forums and email......when travelling.

young

Sup dawg. Mah yooza tytle iz cussum, son.
Jan 10, 2012
kentucky
Awesome! I want one but had just ordered a new phone when announced. Which carrier do you have? The HSPA is pulling down 6-11 mbs in my area.

on t-mobile's pre-paid $30 monthly plan :bananarock:

wanted the nexus 4 but the galaxy nexus is still plenty fast and no lte. plan to upgrade this year with whatever new nexus phone is hopefully with lte support.

Reactions: 3 people

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Had service with T-Mobile/Iwireless two years ago. When I moved, couldn't get service in my living room or shop so had to switch. All the plans have changed and hspa falls two miles short of me :cry: Technically have an active line with them yet. Every other month I throw ten bucks on the account to keep it alive.

Hopefully they flip the switch on some new towers soon.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Had service with T-Mobile/Iwireless two years ago. When I moved, couldn't get service in my living room or shop so had to switch. All the plans have changed and hspa falls two miles short of me :cry: Technically have an active line with them yet. Every other month I throw ten bucks on the account to keep it alive.

Hopefully they flip the switch on some new towers soon.
I like T-Mobile for the commercials. Their service isn't very useful in my area, but the commercials are nice, not as good as the original GoDaddy commercials but better than the new ones :clap:

Reactions: 2 people

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
First impressions, Chuckr?

First impressions - Solid build, gorgeous construction, very fast, super responsive, JellyBean's UI is awesome, Google Now is handz down the best thing in the world.

The IPS display doesn't have the popping colors with the ultra dark black levels like the AMOLED screens on the Note or the Note 2 - not a bad thing, just different. Both types of screens have their benefits - IPS is easier on the eyes, and the color saturation is more on target, but you don't get the wow factor you get with the AMOLED displays.....

The wireless charger is just cool as hell. Give it a year and you'll see a lot more phones with wireless charging. One thing I think would be sick to see in the future, is NFC charging - if yer battery is almost dead and yer friend's is full, do wireless phone to phone charging. That'd be badass! I Still have yet to use Google Wallet, got it all setup and ready to go - can't wait to use it!

Yeah, thus far this thing is nuts. Super happy I bought it, and with no contract the deal is even better. I just hope I don't drop and shatter it - the supply of these things is WAY under what was expected. I've got the LG bumper and a front and back screen protector, but still, with no insurance I'll be out almost another 4 billz with having to replace it.....

Reactions: 2 people

young

Sup dawg. Mah yooza tytle iz cussum, son.
Jan 10, 2012
kentucky
iam glad someone else finally came out with a wireless charger. i missed it a lot after moving on from the palm pre series of phones.

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QFvmRu0dE3U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm still trying to make my rotary dial work with my cell phone service.

Reactions: 1 person