1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*NFL* thread

Discussion in 'The Razorback Lounge' started by TK, Jan 9, 2012.

1. TK

TK Hand Rubbed Pork

Hardcore Pats fan here. My favorite team is the 49ers, been a long time coming for those guys to get back in the groove. Tebow can go to hell. Vick is still a criminal, and his replacement is twice the quarterback. Cam Newton got screwed. The Cowboys are no longer America's team. The Packers would be in the same position as the Colts if they lost EITHER Rodgers or Mathews.

Did I miss anything? :clap: :rock2:

2. WoodChuck'r

Staff Member

Go Giants. :thumbsup:

2 people like this.
  3. TK

TK Hand Rubbed Pork

I thought his brother was a prick. Eli is a joke. It's SUCH a bad deal that he's a pretty good quarterback, but does he really have to be the Kyle Busch of football??? I feel bad for Ballard, guy's an animal.

1 person likes this.
  4. WoodChuck'r

Staff Member

I got over Peyton real quick. Nothing special there.

Eli is decent - had a decent amount handed to him but he's still a good quarterback....

V. Cruze is frikkin' outta control though....

1 person likes this.
  5. TK

TK Hand Rubbed Pork

They're a good team, no doubt. But they're not great.

Peyton on the other hand, took a team full of losers and made a great team. Now that he's gone, they're just a bunch of losers. Amazing what you can do by commanding a little respecting and pulling a bunch of guys together to play as a team.

Eli may be a better quarterback, Peyton is a better leader by faaaaaaarrrrrrr.

And the Giants suck. It's like a small child is cured of cancer everytime the team loses, but another child molester gets released from prison when they win. I just can't bring myself to root for the Giants..... :finger:

1 person likes this.
  6. WoodChuck'r

Staff Member

Lol - that may be so but them d00dz are mah team! :clap: :thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  7. TK

TK Hand Rubbed Pork

As much as I'm a "gotta love your home team" kinda guy, I'd have to draw the line at releasing child molestors from prison.... :rolleyes: :grinbounce1:

8. WoodChuck'r

Staff Member

My actual home team is Buffalo - between them and the Giants I think I've made the better choice, lol....

1 person likes this.
  9. TK

TK Hand Rubbed Pork

I think you just went with the team that wins more :D But hey, you're close enough. We gracious Pats fans will accept you!!! :smoking:

10. WoodChuck'r

Staff Member

Never really cared about football much until about '05.

Kinda found the Giants and stuck with'em ever since. Dunno why, but that's how it panned out. Football is overall kinda boring to me but I enjoy the hype and the glamor I guess. I have more important things to do overall, lol....

11. TK

TK Hand Rubbed Pork

Ya for some reason I've become attached to football. I can lose my self for a few hours every Sunday, and only in the past couple of years I've branched out to some Monday night football when I can get the TV from the wife, and other nights when it's on. Never cared for college football as it's way too hard to follow 30592385670987 teams.

I love going to baseball games, but have a hard time following it on TV as there are just too many damn games in a season and I don't get NESN where the Sox games are broadcast. Getting married to a female is expensive, can't afford all them channels when we gots a weddin to pay for :angry:

And basketball? People still get paid to play that crap????? :evilgrin:

12. TK

TK Hand Rubbed Pork

I'm already getting enough crap for missing a GTG on my wedding day this Saturday, think I can successfully sneak out of the reception a couple hours early to catch the game tonight? I can't get dogged for missing both the GTG AND the game :p

13. TK

TK Hand Rubbed Pork

And I never said the Pats are great lol, it's taken their defense 17 games to go from Jr. High football skillz to Semi-Pro skillz. They don't really know what a pass rush is, except Wilfork is honing his interception skillz this year :rock2:

And I'll admit, I just don't like Manning. The rest of the team is pretty good. I get scared everytime Ballard steps onto the field.

14. BASSHEAD

BASSHEAD New Member

Giants are gonna get spanked on sunday. I hope the wife is not at the HQ or she is going to hate me :)

15. WoodChuck'r

Staff Member

I'm expecting they're gonna get their asses handed to them.

Nope, she'll be home after work so you won't be able to drive her insane during the game!!

16. MacLaren

MacLaren New Member

One thing Ive learned over the years of watchin football is never ever count the freakin New York Giants out. Everyone thought New England would win the Super Bowl and complete thier undefeated season. As Lee Corso says......"not so fast".......I think Green Bay is not as dominating as they were earlier on. That being said I believe the Giants have a real shot at winning this game.......:evilgrin:

17. TK

TK Hand Rubbed Pork

Ya it's weird, the mood definitely changed for the Packers after that loss. They were the unstoppable team led by the next up and coming leader of the free world Aaron Rodgers, then they've kinda been snuffed out lately. I definitely wouldn't count them out, though, it's probably better for them that some pressure is taken off so they can get back to being non-superhero football players.

I give the Giants a lot of crap because I just can't stand Manning, he's the Busch of the NFL. Followed closely by Vick. Great players, sure, but nothing is ever their fault, always looking at the refs for a flag and passing the buck. Anyway, the Giants are a good team fo sho. And again, I get scared when Ballard is on the field. He's consistant like Gronkowski, he just doesn't tow 3 defenders down the field with him :lol:

And I never used to give a crap about football. I spent the last 10 years working every Sunday, hardly knowing football existed except on Superbowl Sunday. Fortunately the past few years have allowed me to not work on Sundays being self-employed so I can enjoy the games a bit more. It's an addiction - I'm hoping to drop the coin on some NFL Sunday Ticket or whatever that channel is next season :evilgrin:

18. MacLaren

MacLaren New Member

Ive played and watched football since the 3rd grade. I love it. Always have and always will. Up until now, Ive always liked college better. but now, im really getting into pro football. Its on such another level. Ya know. BTW, I agree with what ya posted. I just dont think think this is a for sure thing win for Green Bay. I absolutely believe New York can win. I tell ya Tom, I believe the team to watch is San Fran. They stone cold whipped my Steelers butts lol....Grant it Pittsburgh had some injuries and Big Ben got hurt in that game, nonetheless, I have always believed that DEFENSE wins Championships.(And San Fran has one one) But ya never know, for that matter Tebow just might baptize everyone....:evilgrin:

19. TK

TK Hand Rubbed Pork

Oh I know, I don't think Green Bay is a sure win either. But I do think that losing a game was actually a good thing for them. There are a lot of really good teams this year. The Pats defense is clearly the weak point for them. Hernandez has been breaking out, rookie Ridley has been lighting up, Gronk is just a freight train, Welker is his usual sticky fingers self, and Brady just needs to stay pissed off.

I think the contenders are:

Giants
    Packers
    Patriots
    49ers
    Colts

20. MacLaren

MacLaren New Member

Right. I too feel New England's defense in particular the secondary is the weak spot. However, with Tom Brady anything is possible. And yes, I wander if the Colts will draft Andrew Luck......I really like Tom Brady. I hope the Pats do well. However, the Ravens will be mighty,mighty hard to beat. Theyve had a weeks rest and a defense from hell........they will be hard to stop IMO.....