Majorpayne

How's your AC?
Nov 18, 2012
Southern Illinois
I imagine the purchase/install costs help to minimize the savings? Is the geo a deep well style or a grid system? I don't know a lot about em, other than a grid system would have to be buried pretty deep around here to work in the winter.

Same hear. I'm getting to the point where just watching the fire in the wood stove has value, takes the day's stress away. Plus all the wood excercise helps keep me from becoming a total lardass.
He was talking about mini splits that are second on the list. I had never heard of them before but they don’t use ductwork which increases their efficiency a bunch.

RandyMac

Stiff Member
Jan 16, 2012
At the edge of the known world
The Geothermal would work well here, the cost is very high, which would be fine for new construction, but not for a little old house.
I did look at self install for the ductless, pretty straight forward, don't have the whereforall to do it.
Should the estimate be more than our budget, I may look to self install with just one unit in the living room.

PRJ

Steve NW WI

Converted to the Dark Side
Aug 3, 2013
Star Prairie, WI

PRJ

We have discussed a small woodstove for ambiance and when the power goes off, CA/EPA stoves are not cheap.
The new CARB/EPA woodstoves of today are not any more efficient than the Oreygun DEQ BrassFlame that we purchased in 1987.

PRJ

Put an ad up on CL for a set of super swampers and in 10 minutes I get to fark with 3 scammers.
I respond to CL ads by telephone only. I never respond to CL ads via email. CL is a phishing scam to obtain your email address and flood your inbox with hundreds of junk emails.

RandyMac

Stiff Member
Jan 16, 2012
At the edge of the known world
Modern sexuality explained.
Gender neutral, Such a loser nobody will have anything to do with you, so you give up.
Gender fluid, you are bi-sexual or gay, own up.
Trans, you deny what God gave you, so you submit to years of medical torture to become a freak.
You are mentally ill seek treatment.