Quantcast

Odd sizes that don't stack well.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Admin
Reaction score
Wha'chu guys do with those strangely short, knotty, fat one one side, skinny on the other pieces, that just don't stack with the rest of most of the straights....?

I know some people who just make it work and stack them right in there with the rest of the straight pieces but I'm too OCD/meticulous for uneven stacking. That and I just can't stand those pieces in my pile. I also know some who just burn them in a huge bonfire just to get rid of them so they don't have to deal with them. I personally see no reason to get rid of them, but I also see no reason to keep them stacked with all the easy fitting ones.

I keep'em out of the stack, in their own pile. I usually chisel away at them over the winter when I'm home. Can only get so many in the stove at once so there's no point in putting in two or three odd sized pieces for when I'll be gone for most of the day. Feels kinda nice though to burn the odd ones, makes ya feel like yer pulling from some kind of free pile and aren't tapping into the regular stuff.

They're too annoying to keep, yet too beneficial to get rid of. :yup:

stihl sawing

death venom dispenser
Reaction score
I usually stack em with the others, i'll put two short ones end to end on the stack.

trx250r180

The Junk Peddler
Reaction score
i put them in my wood stack ,i have the ugliest wood stack known to man ,i will try to get a photo

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Pile them off to the side or put em on top where they can't mess up the pile.

originalrebel

Reaction score
i stack em on top after i have my stacks about as high as i want em. that ole crap wit the knots and twists and chit is some of the denser wood in the tree. burns good n hot.

Fifelaker

I can almost see Genius' mushroom cloud from here.
Reaction score
The ugly ones need love too! I just throw them in their own little pile so as not to infect the pretty ones.

komatsuvarna

Reaction score
i take them to the lake where I leave my camper all summer and burn the hell out of them in the outside fire ring. They're all the same length and burn the same after a 12 pack lol:laughing:

stihl023/5

BoobsRus
Reaction score
I have a pallet box they go in, the kids fill boxes with them and sell them to campers. :eek3:

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Reaction score
These are all different sizes, but they seem pretty well stacked.

stihl sawing

death venom dispenser
Reaction score
I soak my small pieces in gasoline all year, when time to start a fire their ready to go. Just throw a couple chunks in and add some dry wood on top and throw a match in and "WOOF", Instant heat.

trx250r180

The Junk Peddler
Reaction score
i put them up there ,and over there ,and down there............

wood pile 061.jpgwood pile 060.jpgwood pile 059.jpgwood pile 058.jpgwood pile 057.jpg

naked arborist

Reaction score
Too round. Makes the tarps lumpy and the mingo skip and stuff

I'll take the Red oak. Always did like smooth strong curves, luscious grain, and a nice healthy trunk with an extra bit of flare :thumbsup:!

One Question still remains. What would the ladies choose?

Last edited:

H 2 H

Reaction score
Odd ball chunks get burned first

Seems some dumb chit cut a bunch little to long earlier this year so I have a bunch that are between 4 and 6 inches long - I was cutting with a friend that likes his firewood around 20 to 24 inches and he took my stacks instead of his

:omg:

OH; that was me :rock2:

Latest posts