Oh look a bar oil thread!

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Jan 10, 2012
That company is big for the racing and tractor pulling guys. They make high zinc oil for flat tappet cams and older engines that don't need to meet the new clean fuel requirements. I'm sure it would be good stuff.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
Their bar and chain oil is competitively priced so that I can sell it as a cheaper
alternative to the Stihl bar oil. All petroleum products are taxed heavily here in NY
and our Stihl bar oil is retailing at 15$/ gallon, and I can retail this Brad Penn oil for 11$.

The TSC brand filtered waste oil is selling for 10$/ gallon, so this is a high quality product
for only a 1$ more than their junk.

And I like the fact that it's an American made petroleum product and that means something to
a lot of my customers.

Reactions: 1 person

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I can definitely appreciate the made in USA bit! :D

Any idea what makes the Stihl oil so expensive other than the brand tag? And what makes the winter stuff so expensive?

I didn't see bar oil listed on the website, is it a special request item?

Spike60

Jan 12, 2012
Why not settle on Veg-Oil then - I did in 2004 or so! :pirate:
The Husky pro-forest veg oil is $5 more per gallon than the regular stuff. (I sell the husky bar oil for $10 and $15). I keep some veg oil in stock, as it has a small following amongst the green crowd.

The husky veg oil works pretty good, but there are some out there that will ruin your saw. They tend to mix with sawdust and "bake" into a very hard mess that fills up the cooling fins. You can't blow this stuff out with an air compressor; you have to chip it out with a screwdriver.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
The Husky pro-forest veg oil is $5 more per gallon than the regular stuff. (I sell the husky bar oil for $10 and $15). I keep some veg oil in stock, as it has a small following amongst the green crowd.

The husky veg oil works pretty good, but there are some out there that will ruin your saw. They tend to mix with sawdust and "bake" into a very hard mess that fills up the cooling fins. You can't blow this stuff out with an air compressor; you have to chip it out with a screwdriver.
I've been cutting the price of the Bio-Plus Oil so that it's the same price as the Orange Bottle Stihl oil.
But normally it retails for like 20$

The only complaint about Bio oil is it makes the operator hungry since it smells like fried foods.

I'll be using the Brad-Penn stuff in the shop to and see how well it works.

But I agree TK everything else being equal I'll push and support a US petroleum company/product.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Oh an I saw the freight charges on my last order of oil - only 1 pallet mind you - something like $750!!!! Doubtful that's what was charged but the numbers were there plain as day :(

Don't worry, I ordered quantity to receive free freight, but somebody gotta pay for that nonsense! You're lucky you can go pick up what you need, wonder what I'd have to go through to get that stuff shipped to me?

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
Oh an I saw the freight charges on my last order of oil - only 1 pallet mind you - something like $750!!!! Doubtful that's what was charged but the numbers were there plain as day :(

Don't worry, I ordered quantity to receive free freight, but somebody gotta pay for that nonsense! You're lucky you can go pick up what you need, wonder what I'd have to go through to get that stuff shipped to me?
Just come to a GTG on my side of the border and I'll load you up, but their looks to
be a distributor in northeast Mass. that may come up your way.

SawTroll

Jan 10, 2012
Troms, North Norway.

Husky Veg-Oil is what I use - an additional benefit is that less is needed than with dino stuff, and the oil output is better, specially in cold weather. Something for Stihl saws with restrictive oilers! :evilgrin:

Last edited:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Just come to a GTG on my side of the border and I'll load you up, but their looks to
be a distributor in northeast Mass. that may come up your way.
I'll be driving through NY state come August, but that's for fun with the wife not for work ;) I do want to hit up a GTG in the fall out there, don't think I'll have any time to do any travelling until then. Have a busy summer again this year.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
I'll be driving through NY state come August, but that's for fun with the wife not for work ;) I do want to hit up a GTG in the fall out there, don't think I'll have any time to do any travelling until then. Have a busy summer again this year.
Take exit 46 off the NYS Thruway, head south on 390 to Rush, then south on 15A for 12 miles, hang a left on Stone Hill Road
we're 3 miles down on the right 9221 Shetler Road. I'm 20 minutes south of the thruway, stop in if you're in the neighborhood.

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
If you can retail an adequate quality bar oil for around 11 bucks, you got a good thing going.
FWIW, we buy good quality gear oil here 2 drums at a time, and we pay $13.75 gal for it.
Mobil 220 V...
It's what I use in my saws as much as possible, but I go through more than what I can scrounge out of the empty drums.
Usually only about 2 gal left in them after pumping...

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Take exit 46 off the NYS Thruway, head south on 390 to Rush, then south on 15A for 12 miles, hang a left on Stone Hill Road
we're 3 miles down on the right 9221 Shetler Road. I'm 20 minutes south of the thruway, stop in if you're in the neighborhood.
I'll ask you again soon before we head out, I'll lose this in the meantime. Definitely like to stop by and check out a real Stihlership :D

SawTroll

Jan 10, 2012
Troms, North Norway.
Looks like it is pretty close to Jack Walkers place! :wink:

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Any one tried this brand yet. It just arrived at the local fleet farm.

@

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Echo Bar Oil Chainsawz 15
trx250r180 What Chainsaw Oil Is The Best ? Mix And Bar Oil Chainsawz 148
cat-face timber No Bar oil added Chainsawz 2
cat-face timber Used engine oil for Bar oil WTF Chainsawz 50
P Bar and Chain Oil Jugs Chainsawz 60
Nixon WTB longer bar for a CP125 Wanted 71
wilsonishere Wanted Mcculloch sp 125 handle bar / grip aasy Wanted 0
The Hangman 59 2095- Suggestions On Mods To Suit A Convertible Mill/occasional Long Bar Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 89
J Wtb 28-32” Roller Nose Bar For Homelite Xl-850, Also Felling Dogs Wanted 102
cat-face timber Bar Maintenance Chainsawz 47
mortalitool Stihl Bar Stud-threaded Insert Chainsawz 9
cat-face timber Homelite Super XL 925 Bar/Chain Wanted 3
cat-face timber Opinion Needed on this Bar Chainsawz 3
stihl sawing Stihl MS 250 with modified bar For Sale 157
roberte sugi hara bar tip Wanted 31
echoshawn Echo 650/660EVL clutch cover/bar clamp wanted Wanted 0
Termitebuffet Oe 346 wif bar For Sale 57
Jimmy in NC 394xp & the 42" bar Chainsawz 18
D Stihl Rollomatic ES Guide Bar - 28" Wide Nose? Chainsawz 8
cat-face timber Bar Tip Wanted 10
cat-face timber Will this bar work on my Huskys? Chainsawz 4
S Makita 6401, sugihara 32" bar, how long of a chain? Chainsawz 9
Jimmy in NC Looking for Total Bar Tip Chainsawz 17
Homelite410 Custom chainsaw bar Chainsawz 5
Mastermind Bar Studs Stripped Out Of Case......How To Fix Chainsawz 52
cat-face timber How to tell if you BAR is wore out Chainsawz 27
de_dubya Bar Question Chainsawz 14
axlr8 36" 3002 Stihl Bar For Sale 11
G Need 32" bar and full skip chain Wanted 8
shotgun Husqvarna/Jonsered 20" 3/8 .050 bar Wanted 21
T Roller nose General bar For Sale 27
maulhead For Sale: Brand New OEM Stihl 1/2 Wrap Handle Bar 044 046 440 460 461 For Sale 3
dboyd351 Using Stiohl bar on Husky mount Chainsawz 2
BloodOnTheIce $750 Chainsaw Bar Chainsawz 29
B General 60 inch bar and chain for Homelite For Sale 1
B Small Husky 18" Bar Wanted 8
trx250r180 42 inch bar Chainsawz 3
r2d Stihl es 28" bar plus 5 chains For Sale 35
BloodOnTheIce Homelite 340 with 16" bar and chain For Sale 5
homemade Stihl Ms390 bar plate Wanted 2
S 58 gauge bar Wanted 22
T anyone interested in a cannon bar group buy. it could save you up to 20% off Chainsawz 70
K 14 pin .404 sprocket is way wider than bar tail. Hawgz Back 40 21
M Bar for 4-30 McCulloch chainsaw, 42" length Wanted 0
W Size Matters ... when it comes to chainsaws & bar length's Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 3
Haywire Haywood Free to a good home... Stihl to Husq bar adapter For Sale 4
Hoggwood Pro mac 850 Handle Bar Wanted 0
hseII Possible Lon Bar MS660 Chainsawz 6
Black Dog Chainsaw Husky 262xp w/ 20" bar For Sale 0
griffonks NOS Shindaiwa poulan bar For Sale 0