Oregon B/C for a 435 ?

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
Ok, so our local Canadian Tire store has a bunch of Oregon chain (and some B/C combos too) on an end wall, and I'd like to see what fits my 435 Husky. None fit, according to the packaging, they don't list the 435. They do list a 444, as well as all the other small boxstore saws, like the 235 and 240 they sell. Ultimately I'd like a bar/chain combo, 18 inch, but there's nothing there to fit my saw, according to what's on the package.

I'm either gonna have to bring my bar and chain down there and match them up by hand, or maybe someone can figger out what other saw has a compatible chain and/or bar that I can cross-reference.

They show most of their packages with a letter-number combo on the top left corner, example S-66 or whatever. Does anyone know what would be used on the 435, in 16" ? I know it's a .050", .325 pitch and 66 links, but how does that convert to an Oregon-style number ? I went on the Oregon website and the closest I could find was G66. Can anyone confirm ?

Thanks in advance.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I don't know how their packaging is listed but 99% of the time those places carry the 3/8lp combos because they fit the Poulans and Craftsmans - as well as some Huskys. Finding the K095 mount (Oregon numbering) for your saw will be more specialized. It's possible to find it at a box store that sells your model but even then not likely. In Oregon numbering you're looking for something like a 180slgk095 and a 20bpx072g. If you wanted 18".

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
.... and if I wanted just a chain in 16" ?

I'll prolly end up at the saw shop getting an OEM bar & chain, unless he can match something up. He does have some non-Husky bars there, but likely for the bigger (man) saws.

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada

I'll prolly end up at the saw shop getting an OEM bar & chain, unless he can match something up. He does have some non-Husky bars there, but likely for the bigger (man) saws.
Here I go quoting myself ... Got to the saw shop and he had just enough Oregon ripping chain left for a 16" loop. He also has some Husky 18" bars in stock, so next time 'round I'll grab one and a new full comp chisel chain to go on it, for tree cutting and bucking firewood. Anxious to try this new ripping chain out, I hear it's considerably faster in the cut than your typical full comp chisel chain like I've been using.

I'll bring news on how it works after the weekend, have a good one !

SawTroll

Jan 10, 2012
Troms, North Norway.

If your saw has a .325 drive sprocket, any K095/"small Husky" .325 combo will fit, but I would stay below 16" on that saw.

A .325 Pixel/narrow kerf setup likely would work best, as the power is very limited......

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
100_0395.jpg100_0398.jpg100_0397.jpg

Here's what you can do with some real chain ! What a difference ! In wood twice as big as I usually cut, this chain hauls axx !!! This cedar was blown down where I hunt moose, and I didn't want it to go to waste. 13 feet long, 14" across + the bark. Very impressed with this chain. And yes, 16" is probably the upper limit for this saw, although it handled this cedar with ease. I made one cut 12 feet long before stopping for fuel, almost the entire length of the plank. I didn't want to chance running it dry, so I always check regularly, the little sight window on the fuel tank is handy for that !

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
I did another bunch of cedar on Sunday from the same spot, 15 more planks. Enough to finish the shed, and redo the first wall I did with Poplar, which will now be firewood once I've used what I need for railings for the kids on the top level. Awesome cutting and not at all tiring with a little saw. I wonder how the crank bearings will hold out after that kind of abuse...

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I did another bunch of cedar on Sunday from the same spot, 15 more planks. Enough to finish the shed, and redo the first wall I did with Poplar, which will now be firewood once I've used what I need for railings for the kids on the top level. Awesome cutting and not at all tiring with a little saw. I wonder how the crank bearings will hold out after that kind of abuse...
Only one way to find out, and that's to keeeeeep on chuggin ;) I don't think you'll have any issues with bearings on it. If anything it would be seals on those 4 series saws. Honestly I think your bar and chain is going to take the most abuse in doing what you're doing, especially if that oiler can't quite handle the load.

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
Here's the results of the weekend's cutting ....

100_0413.jpg100_0412.jpg

Glad I didn't have a bigger saw, there were some WAYYY bigger cedar trees than the ones I took, one looked to be about 24" at the base..... didn't have enough manpower to handle these ones properly ! But they sure turned out nice on the shed though !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Word is Blount / Oregon chain / bars has been sold Hawgz Back 40 24
BPS Looking for a Oregon 511AX or similar Wanted 19
Majorpayne Oregon 520 and 620 Grinders Chainsawz 1
Modifiedmark Oregon grinder switch need some electricians help Chainsawz 39
BloodOnTheIce Oregon Discontinued Stihl Bars Chainsawz 3
H Oregon 511AX chain vise bed Wanted 8
wcorey Does Oregon 73clx exist? Chainsawz 3
Watsonr SugiHara and Oregon Bar overstock sale... from the Weedeaterman !! Chainsawz 10
1 oregon grinder For Sale 1
B Need Help IDing Some Oregon Bars Chainsawz 8
BloodOnTheIce New Oregon Bars For Sale 0
P Oregon 40 Volt Pole Pruner Chainsawz 7
S Oregon JGX chain Chainsawz 31
S Stanford End Oregon's BCS Title hopes? The Razorback Lounge 3
mweba Grinders other than the Oregon 511AX Chainsawz 115
P New(er) Oregon Cordless Chainsaw and Other Stuff Chainsawz 11
mdavlee Oregon reduced weight bars For Sale 9
BloodOnTheIce 10 New Oregon 38471X Spur Spockets For Sale 0
mweba Oregon grinder For Sale 1
Cut4fun Oregon 76LG for light weight racechain chassis For Sale 3