‘Outdoor’ Kitchen

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
So I built an outdoor kitchen out in the garage - the term ‘outdoor’ is used lightly - it’s not necessarily outside since it’s behind walls and underneath a roof. lol

But regardless - it’s outside enough and I’d rather do all that outside anyways. Got a 6-burner flat top, a 4-burner cooker with a grill box (both are made by Camp Chef) and the smoker is a RecTec 700 Bull - she eats pellets.

1609CB60-BC8C-4345-ADC5-BD19849DE0C4.jpeg

I have a lot more pics and will post more of them soon.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Yeah there’s a lot of horror stories out there.

I usually just shrug my shoulders though - which is most likely irresponsible on my part - but there’s a lotta wood stove fires in the winter season across the world and that has little impact on those who heat with their wood stoves...

Hopefully it doesn’t happen but like with anything else, life will work itself out if it does....

Laroo

Dreams of $3500 of bacon
Oct 13, 2013
Ewetah
All the time bud.
My nephew had a big fire in his bull. Would have burned his garage if he hadn't been nearby.
Although fire would be a concern for me, the massive amounts of smoke mine puts out sometimes drives me out of my garage when it's sitting well outside of the garage, (when the wind is right)

Majorpayne

Wallet Washer
Nov 18, 2012
Southern Illinois

I usually just shrug my shoulders though - which is most likely irresponsible on my part - but there’s a lotta wood stove fires in the winter season across the world and that has little impact on those who heat with their wood stoves...

Hopefully it doesn’t happen but like with anything else, life will work itself out if it does....
I think if you keep it cleaned out it will be fine. I have a Camp Chef with a Rec Tec controller and I vacuum it out after every long cook.

Genius

The Brink of Destruction
Nov 18, 2012
Weird Uncle Willie's basement

I usually just shrug my shoulders though -

Same here:)

I used to use my pellet grill in the garage, but after mom had to call the FD a few months back because she almost burned her garage down by using hers in the garage I kinda changed my opinion on that.

I think it would be kinda awkward to have to call the fire department on myself when I am the one who would be responding:D

Genius

The Brink of Destruction
Nov 18, 2012
Weird Uncle Willie's basement
I think if you keep it cleaned out it will be fine. I have a Camp Chef with a Rec Tec controller and I vacuum it out after every long cook.

I vacuum out my grill after every long smoke, and after about every 2-3 short grilling sessions.

I also keep my pellets in buckets with gamma seal lids and I dont like to keep pellets in the hopper for extended periods of time. They can and will absorb moisture. I find that if I add just enough pellets in the hopper for what I am doing I get more consistent temps than if I keep a hopper full of pellets that sit in there for weeks at a time.