Quantcast

Perfect file handle

Kevin

Reaction score
I've been using wooden file handles all along...and I love em', always will.

BUT... I just want to thank Tom for giving me this plastic orange color file handle when I went up to visit him. That is the perfect file handle Tom. Thank you! I don't know what the name of it is but you should share that with others. :thumbsup:

Kevin

Reaction score
I'll try and snap a picture in a little bit but it has 20, 25 and 30 degree angles guides to choose from on the lwr handle. And the best part is it holdes the file real nice and it don't pop out. I'm going to buy two more of them next time I see him. The only other thing it says other then 20, 25, and 30 is made in Sweden.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
No it's a Windsor handle I think? I don't remember. They're not husky with the spring loaded deal. Best of all, they're cheap!!! They look like little rockets.

Kevin

Reaction score
Very nice file handle

This is said handle.... I've only used it with 7/32 files and they fit right in snug.

Kevin

Reaction score
BTW, That is a 044 C I have on the operating tabe... I never seen one of these before, the impulse goes through the cylinder to a funky little box then the carb. I did a little google search and found out it is kinda rare. Don't matter though, that's getting epoxied over and the guy's going with the NML carb set-up, the one that runs the impulse from under the carb through the case.

Kevin

Reaction score
It's just a 044/ms440 with the impulse set up different then the norm. A/S has a good thread on it.

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Reaction score
Yeah I had one of those saws. It ran real good for an 044. I have a cylinder off one laying around at home. Hoping to find a 044 builder to put it on someday.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Oh is that like the difference between an intake block setup vs. a rubber boot setup? Where the impulse came through the block to the carb body as opposed to a hose connection? Or was it not a block?

Kevin

Reaction score
Yeah I had one of those saws. It ran real good for an 044. I have a cylinder off one laying around at home. Hoping to find a 044 builder to put it on someday.

I think I seen you in that thread over at A/S when I googled 044C. Yeah, it was strange to see an 044 with this setup. A customer just gave me the lwr end, cyl, & muffler and asked me to port it. Should have it back to him by Wed if time treats me good

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
I think I seen you in that thread over at A/S when I googled 044C. Yeah, it was strange to see an 044 with this setup. A customer just gave me the lwr end, cyl, & muffler and asked me to port it. Should have it back to him by Wed if time treats me good

If I were in it I don't remember, got me some weird Alzheimer's already. Already been proven what a bad memory I have here :lol:

And I got that screen material BTW, thank you. What do you use to cut it cleanly? Before I go hacking into it...... Good sharp scissors? Tin snips?

Kevin

Reaction score
If I were in it I don't remember, got me some weird Alzheimer's already. Already been proven what a bad memory I have here :lol:

And I got that screen material BTW, thank you. What do you use to cut it cleanly? Before I go hacking into it...... Good sharp scissors? Tin snips?

Use some sheet metal shearers, it will cut it perfect.

I was talking about Mike Lee was in that thread, but you might have been too...

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Oh right lol it's been a long day I'm still sleeping from getting home this morning. I was more useless today than a normal day.

Kevin

Reaction score
Oh right lol it's been a long day I'm still sleeping from getting home this morning. I was more useless today than a normal day.

You are a machine...that must have been a long day for you yesterday.

I just got back from a friends house and we shot a couple of vids with round ground chains from your file handle....so I gues I'll share them here :D

This is a 2071 I did a couple months back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF5uedATL2Y

This is that same ms440 we ran the other day. The 2071 beat it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIt0D0Q9teU

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Looks like a good time. Don't know what it is about cuttin cookies lol makes me smile from ear to ear though :D

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Can hook you up with a few or a box if you like. Or Kevin may part with some when he gets his.

Latest posts