Pioneer thread

Eccentric

Walkin' Boss
Jan 13, 2012
Uranus...
Great bump to a dormant thread. That saw looks beautiful.
I got some parts. I haven't had time to sort through them. I do know there aren't any 6 cubes. I set the best stuff on the top of the pile. I'd like to sell the lot but don't have time to deal with all the stupid Skippy questions . I just want to throw them in a crate and get rid of them. These are the saws. I got boxes of parts too.
View attachment 61590View attachment 61591
I don't see any 6ci versions in that pile unless they're hiding. The saw on the top of the pile in the first pic could be a 5ci version. If so, I'm interested innit. I'd be interested in the whole enchilada.........................but The War Dept would probably kill me if I added that much more saw schtuff to the hoard. I'm about 1/2 way through packing up all the saw stuff I already have for moving...............

Hoggwood

Jun 20, 2014
Okanagan , BC
I have put a non strato Poulan coil on a couple of those with great results. It takes a little reshaping but they work great and are very reliable.
272 coil also werkz
Not familiar with the strato Poulan (models) coils. I know I tried a lot of coils when finding a work around for the blue prestolites on the xl-76/130 Homelites. Found the Husky coil ...254/61/268/272 worked. Polarity of the flywheels same. I tried some Walbro coils off of Poulans (3416??) but the polarity was reversed. No dice.

On a side note, my early P50 with the 3-piece ignition now wears a coil off of a 3.7 Roper. Big armature allowed easy drilling of mounting holes. Pulled the key and re-timed the flywheel with a gun. Hot diggidy dog.

8433jeff

Capt. Sunshine
Jul 31, 2013
Southern Minnesota
Great bump to a dormant thread. That saw looks beautiful.
I got some parts. I haven't had time to sort through them. I do know there aren't any 6 cubes. I set the best stuff on the top of the pile. I'd like to sell the lot but don't have time to deal with all the stupid Skippy questions . I just want to throw them in a crate and get rid of them. These are the saws. I got boxes of parts too.
View attachment 61590View attachment 61591
PM scented

Nixon

Renfrew > Boyers
Aug 5, 2013
West Sunbury Pa.
eye have lotta 1200 hear, inc good p/c, if ya wanna fix it.
theyre not worth lotta $$$, tho.
Thanks for the kind offer ! I’m still taking the thing apart to see what’s been done to it . Judging from the missing ,mismatched fasteners , someone has messed with this saw ,and not in a good way . I’ll be in touch if it looks like I can save this thing .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cat-face timber Chainsawz 22
echoshawn For Sale 26
leeha Chainsawz 25
Black Dog Chainsaw Wanted 19
T For Sale 6