Planning a trip up north.

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
Our 10 year anniversary is may 1st. We are thinking about seeing niagara falls. Any other suggestions from our Yankee friends ;)

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Our 10 year anniversary is may 1st. We are thinking about seeing niagara falls. Any other suggestions from our Yankee friends ;)
Definitely do that.

And git yer passports so you can easily get to the Canadian side and back. You get to see the falls straight on rather than from the side.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Yes, come to the WoodChuck'r Spring GTG at my parents house (well, my it's mom's house now). If you guys come up this way you'll be the special southern guests and it'll hafta be a big ole GTG for sure.....!!!

We'll have beer, bacon, and more bacon. No need for saws with that stuff around...... :thumbsup:

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
I'll try to get Jer to set a date. :) I am thinking first of may. Depends on his work and available sitters.

motomedik

Feb 26, 2012
Went to see the Glen Curtis Museum in Hammondsport and I've wanted to spend time in that little town ever since. I don't know, there's something about it. I'd hoped to spend a weekend with the wife there before now and still haven't. One of these days....
Thanks for the link to the article, Jack, now I know a bit more about it.

Denis Gionet

Apr 17, 2012
Hearst, Ontario, Canada
Ditto on seeing the Falls from the Canadian side, and I'm not saying so 'cause I live here, apparently it's much more "full on" from the North side. I've never seen them from across the river but by all accounts there's no comparison.

Have a nice trip, eh ?

Reactions: 1 person

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
$up Jack....!!!! :wave:

If you guys chose to go to Hammondsport, my mom would SO take you guys around for a half a day and show ya around - Hammondsport is a neat little town. Spend time there with the wife as it ain't too far for us. Before my dad passed away he and my mom used to go there quite often as well. Small little 'refined redneck' town fit with antique stores, good restaurants, lots of wineries (along with The Great Western Winery and Visitor Center, the Glenn H Curtiss Museum) - lots of neat stuff to see and check out.

Mrs. J

May 20, 2012
$up Jack....!!!! :wave:

If you guys chose to go to Hammondsport, my mom would SO take you guys around for a half a day and show ya around - Hammondsport is a neat little town. Spend time there with the wife as it ain't too far for us. Before my dad passed away he and my mom used to go there quite often as well. Small little 'refined redneck' town fit with antique stores, good restaurants, lots of wineries (along with The Great Western Winery and Visitor Center, the Glenn H Curtiss Museum) - lots of neat stuff to see and check out.
Sounds great!! Refined redneck. I like that. Lol.