PODS moving and storage

Jimmy in NC

Mill Monkey
Aug 27, 2013
Where tobacco is a vegtable
Moving from Murderland to Florida. Was going to move in 2 stages using PODS. Anyone have any advice?
Pods are not totally weather tight... close... but not sealed. Wooden furniture [especially older] will need to stay climate controlled a bit [aka not in a pod for 2-3 months]. Watch the weight distribution in them too along with total weight. You could be forced to unload and reload one.

Think of how it can be picked and dropped off (door end). If it has to be flipped they normally charge more.

Really not a bad way to move. We used a Pack Rat (same concept) last time we moved.

Rudedog

Apr 29, 2014
Brunswick Maryland
why florida? dude, i don't say this often, but your welcome on this side.
Trust me I'm crushed. No more need for woodstove, splitter or chainsaws. My older of two daughters lives in Pasco Co. She is giving birth to grandchild #4 in Rocktober. She was a critical care nurse at University of Maryland Shock Trama. My SIL was an ER doc for Shock Trama. I figure after we help her out for 10 years or so with all those kids, they will help us when age catches up to us. On the bright side the postage stamp backyard has a 28x14 in ground pool. Plus, all the fish are in Florida. Come on down for a visit and take an all day bath in my cement pond!!

Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Jul 10, 2013
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis
I don't know anything about pods or how they do it but I do know a buddy of mine moved from Louisiana to California and rented a short (pup) trailer from a freight company, I think Yellow freight lines. They dropped it in his driveway, came back for it 2 days later, hauled it to his new home, and left it 2 days for him to unload. Now they did ship it on their schedule, took them about a week or so but I think he said it was less than half the price of Pods or a moving company and it had his lock on it when he closed the door.

czed

Orders his shit fire from Amazon
Aug 30, 2014
Trust me I'm crushed. No more need for woodstove, splitter or chainsaws. My older of two daughters lives in Pasco Co. She is giving birth to grandchild #4 in Rocktober. She was a critical care nurse at University of Maryland Shock Trama. My SIL was an ER doc for Shock Trama. I figure after we help her out for 10 years or so with all those kids, they will help us when age catches up to us. On the bright side the postage stamp backyard has a 28x14 in ground pool. Plus, all the fish are in Florida. Come on down for a visit and take an all day bath in my cement pond!!
Don't sell your saws my oldest brother a retired faller
Cuts all the time for people.
He lived in st.Augustine
First for five year's
Moved to hernando beach recently
Lot's of storm's and god hates pine
Tree's my brother said.

treeslayer2003

QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM GFY
Sep 29, 2013
maryland's eastern shore
well i understand. but, your an honorary eastern shoreman if any one asks.

Rudedog

Apr 29, 2014
Brunswick Maryland
I don't know anything about pods or how they do it but I do know a buddy of mine moved from Louisiana to California and rented a short (pup) trailer from a freight company, I think Yellow freight lines. They dropped it in his driveway, came back for it 2 days later, hauled it to his new home, and left it 2 days for him to unload. Now they did ship it on their schedule, took them about a week or so but I think he said it was less than half the price of Pods or a moving company and it had his lock on it when he closed the door.
I'm going to have to take a second load so maybe I'll look into this.

Rudedog

Apr 29, 2014
Brunswick Maryland
Don't sell your saws my oldest brother a retired faller
Cuts all the time for people.
He lived in st.Augustine
First for five year's
Moved to hernando beach recently
Lot's of storm's and god hates pine
Tree's my brother said.
I have some big ones I'm going to let go. I'm going to keep at least one of the Tree Monkey ported ones.

Rudedog

Apr 29, 2014
Brunswick Maryland
well i understand. but, your an honorary eastern shoreman if any one asks.
Speaking of which, I could not believe the cross eyed looks when I ask for Old Bay in Florida. Then I found this guy that owns a place called "The Old Bay Cafe" about 3 miles from the new place. Guy is originally from Northeast Maryland(Cecil Co.). Awesome Maryland and Florida seafood.