Quantcast

Porting Tools - Let's see 'em.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Reaction score
For adjusting timing and tweeking mufflers.

Not a porting tool but been used in the tuning process.

mweba

Reaction score
Lol BFH gets the job done every time!

komatsuvarna

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with this http://www.harborfreight.com/flexible-shaft-grinder-and-carver-40432.html

I know you get what you pay for, but for the occasional saw I'd be game to give it a shot.

Yep. Motor works pretty well with a little grease in the cable. My Harbor Freight handpiece locked up with about 15 minutes on it....well actually, the chuck fell off first, then I put it back on and it lasted about 5 minutes before it locked up. I like the Dremel better if a straight shaft will do. I got the HF knockoff to run a 90* CC speciality handpiece. I wanted a 90* setup, but couldn't and wouldn't afford a whole Foredom or C C kit, so I got a good C C handpiece, and a POS motor.....but it works well for me. I just play with my own saws anyways :D.

Heres the handpiece

Last edited:

komatsuvarna

Reaction score
If I have a lot of material to remove fast, I use a die grinder and a Christmas tree shaped bur....talk about slinging some chips! Then go over it and clean it up with something else.

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Reaction score
Just built this one a week or so ago....

Started with a dental handpiece, then made a stainless body, and drive shaft to fit it on the foredom/harbor freight setup. Still gotta buy some 3/32 burrs to fit it though....

komatsuvarna

Reaction score
Just built this one a week or so ago....

Started with a dental handpiece, then made a stainless body, and drive shaft to fit it on the foredom/harbor freight setup. Still gotta buy some 3/32 burrs to fit it though....

You'll look good using that pink J :derplol:

I like it!!:D

woodgrenade

Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;MNJy59ZIdGY]http://youtu.be/MNJy59ZIdGY[/video]

I think I need to add some items to my wish list :D

woodgrenade

Reaction score
Hey Rick,

What hand-piece and bit setup do you have going there? Looks like it fits in the cylinder quite nicely!!

Latest posts